What's new

Overrated Royal Families

Mozzie

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
Do we really need them? There are many different royals around the world, you only hear about most of them when something is happening to them. But, do they serve a purpose to the people?

I've never once cared about one of those people. They're pretty useless to me, and they don't do anything except complain about stuff and have kids.

Yes there are few out there 25 others around the world

Click Here

We here in Australia are still under the rule of the queen, there have been ongoing discussions here about becoming a republic, but there are still a lot of royalists that live here. There is talk about another vote on this sometimes soon. Me personally, i don't see the point in having them. This is the 21st century, not 13 / 14 the century
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...7/22/meet-the-worlds-other-25-royal-families/

Royal is just another word for celebrity. Nobody pays attention to either class. The real power comes from the people not antiquated models of tyrannical government.

Exactly right, you got it in one, in Spain they were known to revolt against the governments and another was put in place, many years ago the people actually sacked the government in Spain and ruled themselves for a time, there was better living, better schooling, better everything. This proved that people left to govern themselves properly don;t need any sort of leaders, But the army came a log and took over again and now it is a mess again

I was born the day Princess Diana died; I'm sure that fact speaks volumes for itself on how I feel about royal families.

Also, the Game of Thrones television show has made me extra weary of them.

Selena said:
I was born the day Princess Diana died; I'm sure that fact speaks volumes for itself on how I feel about royal families.

Also, the Game of Thrones television show has made me extra weary of them.

At the same time note Game of Thrones was a work of fiction. Monarchy did have a time and a place and without it we would be nowhere near as developed as a society.  Sometimes Monarchy just put things in place when the people could not.  It's a historical sense of government hardly applicable to today however.

Mozzie said:
Yes there are few out there 25 others around the world

Click Here

We here in Australia are still under the rule of the queen, there have been ongoing discussions here about becoming a republic, but there are still a lot of royalists that live here. There is talk about another vote on this sometimes soon. Me personally, i don't see the point in having them. This is the 21st century, not 13 / 14 the century
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...7/22/meet-the-worlds-other-25-royal-families/

Huh didn't think there was that many left. Well I don't think their power holds any value it one did and I see them all disbanding sometime in the future

I am generally against monarchy, but here in Norway the royal family is great. They are really down to earth, and don't got any real power (that could have been abused). In addition to that, they are that kind of non-political symbol that has a uniting effect on the Norwegian people.

The majority of the "world" has democracy now. Places like the UK still have a "royal family" but the royal family doesn't have a lot of rights, just the money..money..money!

You have countries like Germany who have completely abandoned the "royal family" (ofcourse due to certain circumstances after WW1).

Mozzie said:
Exactly right, you got it in one, in Spain they were known to revolt against the governments and another was put in place, many years ago the people actually sacked the government in Spain and ruled themselves for a time, there was better living, better schooling, better everything. This proved that people left to govern themselves properly don;t need any sort of leaders, But the army came a log and took over again and now it is a mess again

Anarchists like to say that it was successful in Spain, but it wasn't... it devolved into a military dictatorship.

Anarchism is a horrible idea.

In 2006, we threw 238 years old the ruling dynasty to establish a republic. I don't think someone, some families, should be given the privilege of a royal family and treated like God even when they do not have any contribution to the greater good of society and the country.

Most of the rich and some of the middle class I think act in a royal way, by refusing to associate with anyone else. If some kid is born to them, they inherit the cash and attitude normally, simply be being in the family. Would John F Kennedy have been anybody if he hadn't been born to a rich family?

Back