fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
I am thinking about moving Peak Forum to a paid to post format around the 1st week of 2024. Nothing is set in stone yet. But I am wanting some feedback/suggestions on the idea.

Peak Forum has around 750K posts and is a general discussion forum. I am not sure how crazy I will go about the content that is posted as far as moderating it. Will have some areas you will not earn in. Like Forum/Thread Games is an area with no earnings. Don't want copy and paste type things going on. Maybe have so many words to earn.

Been helping Devin with Discussion Bucks as an admin. I helped Devin setup RIF as well. Have learned a few things about the whole paid to post concept. But I sure I have much more to learn. I will still help Devin as much as i can.

So, what ya think?

Thanks!

If you can do this and it is feasible for you then I say go for it. As much as there are some pay-to-post forums around a lot have closed or had to change how they do things because it was not feasible for them.

Only you yourself know if you would be able to move to a pay-to-post forum and the best way for you to work it so it stays feasible :)

There is definitely a market for pay-to-post forums :)

Paid to post forums feel flat, dry and lack a community feel. That’s my opinion anyway.
Does that mean you will not visit Peak anymore?

How some platforms got really big? They pay to content creators.
Some examples:
Google with AdSense,
Tick-tock
YouTube
Venmo
PayPal
And many more...

I don't see why it can't be done with forums

How some platforms got really big? They pay to content creators.
Some examples:
Google with AdSense,
Tick-tock
YouTube
Venmo
PayPal
And many more...

I don't see why it can't be done with forums
This I agree with, if it is done right it can be a huge success. I have been part of pay-to-post forums and most have fallen because they offered too much and couldn't keep up with the demand but the ones still going are the ones who offer what they know they can manage and increase within time if they can.

I've looked at the financials of some paid-to-post forum (they were looking to sell). It's easy to spend money to encourage posting, but it's not easy to earn revenue.

If you do attempt to pursue it, you won't be the first or the last, but good luck!!

Show Me The Money GIF

How is the forum doing since you added microlikes? Has there been any difference in daily activity or is it still too early to tell?

How is the forum doing since you added microlikes? Has there been any difference in daily activity or is it still too early to tell?
A little early to tell. I am going to do something with MicroLikes and it will involve all my XF forums at least.

A little early to tell. I am going to do something with MicroLikes and it will involve all my XF forums at least.
I’m looking forward to seeing your forums progress with microlikes in the future. Keep up the great work buddy!

I’m looking forward to seeing your forums progress with microlikes in the future. Keep up the great work buddy!
Will take a bit I am sure. But will have fun working on them.

Back