What's new

Parked BMW X5 rolls away twice on its own

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Parked-BMW-X5-rolls-away-twice-on-its-own.jpg

A BMW customer fears his brand-new leased vehicle could injure or kill someone, all by itself. He says the 2012 X5′s transmission came unlocked from the park position twice, causing the vehicle to roll away with no one in it.

“The BMW is not supposed to be a rolling machine. It’s a driving machine,” said Adriano Persi, of Hamilton. “I have a rolling machine that goes whenever it wants to go.”

The incidents were caught on tape, by Persi’s home surveillance camera, which is pointed at his driveway.

“The vehicle wasn’t slipping … it was actually rolling on all four tires,” said Persi. “It was very fortuitous that I had video surveillance and I was actually able to record the events. Otherwise I would have been just another person who thought I did something wrong.”

On both occasions, Persi had left the newly leased vehicle in park, locked and with the ignition off. He was inside his house when the vehicle later rolled away on its own.

The first time, his surveillance camera recorded the SUV rolling only a few metres, then stopping. The next time — in the middle of the night — it rolled out of the driveway, across the street and down an embankment, hitting trees before it stopped.

“I think the vehicle is unreliable. I think the vehicle is unsafe,” he said.

Read more http://updatednews.ca/2013/05/27/parked-bmw-x5-rolls-away-twice-on-its-own/

Back