What's new

pc133 ram,. ibm 75gxp hd

SoNiK

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
im going to upgrade my pc with more ram and a new hd. theres i was thinking about ordering from allstarshop.com. their ram is
8mx64-7.5 pc133-3.3v
]pc133ram

but at mushkin i see they have their budget pc133 ram and pc133 ram with samsung chips. which is good to get? they're all around same price.

also i want to get a harddrive. either 30GB IBMdeskstar 75gxp ata100. ]ibmdeskstar

or maxtor diamondmax plus 40 30.6 gig ata66. diamondmax
i heard good reviews on both of these. which to get? maybe u can help. thanx!

<font color="#000000">[Edited by SoNiK on August 07, 2000 (edited 1 time)]</font>

I just ordered 128MB Crucial PC133 CL2 memory for $144 + shipping, but they also have the 64MB PC133 CL2 (your above link is CL3) for $73.09. I can't really give you a comparison between mushkin and crucial, but I'd imagine the CL2 would be a better deal since it's only 9 cents more
smile.gif

Crucial 64MB PC133 CL2 Memory

Note: if the above link doesn't show up with the price of $73.09, then click here to enter crucial's site with a 15% off promotion.

----------------------------
"Should I call you Logan, WeaponX?"

I'll second the recommendation for Crucial over the generic from allstarshop.com.
Crucial is better than Mushkin's budget line, and cheaper than Mushkin's really good stuff.

I am Jack's raging inflamed colon. Jack applies ointment daily to supress my fury.

ok cool. thanx. i also forgot to mention, that i also want to overclock my system. is that crucial still my best bet if i want to overclock? at most ill use probably 133 fsb. .....how about them hd's?

Haven't had a problem overclocking Crucial yet. If you really want some extra headroom, get some PC133CL2 7E.

On an long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero.

Back