What's new

Pillow or No Pillow for Sleeping

Heatman

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We all have a way that is normally comfortable for us to sleep in. Some do like covering up with bed sheets even after wearing cloths while some don't fancy putting on any cloths at all, not to talk more of covering with bed spread.

Now, the part that I have interest in is sleeping with or without a pillow. Personally, I can't sleep comfortably without using a pillow case to support my big head, I do enjoy my sleep more with a pillow than without one.

Image copyright : https://canada.westinstore.com/images/products/xlrg/westin-hotel-pillow-protector-HB-107-1_xlrg.jpg

With lots of pillow to be specific. Hahaha! I like having pillows all over me. One pillow for the head, another one for my arms to hug then another for my legs, another pillow in my feet (microbeads pillow) and two more extra pillows.

With lots of pillow to be specific. Hahaha! I like having pillows all over me. One pillow for the head, another one for my arms to hug then another for my legs, another pillow in my feet (microbeads pillow) and two more extra pillows.

Haha, you are very funny. That should be about 7 or 8 pillows that you would be requiring to make use of when you want to sleep. Why not open up bed and pillow business, so that you can sleep only in pillows :p. You even mentioned microbeads pillows, jeez men, you make use of more than I can ever try to use. At least 3 or 4 pillows is enough for me.

I like to sleep with my head on a pillow and another pillow on my head. :D
haha

Well, I used to sleep without a pillow when I also used to sleep on my stomach. Now that I sleep on my sides, sleeping without a pillow would be extremely uncomfortable. I use a low profile pillow, otherwise I would definitely wake up with neck pain.
I've actually seen some people stacking pillows ( beneath their head ), I can't imagine sleeping like that.

Haha, you are very funny. That should be about 7 or 8 pillows that you would be requiring to make use of when you want to sleep. Why not open up bed and pillow business, so that you can sleep only in pillows :p. You even mentioned microbeads pillows, jeez men, you make use of more than I can ever try to use. At least 3 or 4 pillows is enough for me.

Its an obsession maybe thats the result of being single! Hahaha. I first tried a microbeads neckpillow and I just love squeezing it at first so I bought another for my foot haha.

I use a low profile pillow, otherwise I would definitely wake up with neck pain.
I've actually seen some people stacking pillows ( beneath their head ), I can't imagine sleeping like that.
We are opposite sleepers then lol. :p I am definitely a pillow stacker, at least one above and below my head, but more than one below is cool. :D

Its an obsession maybe thats the result of being single! Hahaha. I first tried a microbeads neckpillow and I just love squeezing it at first so I bought another for my foot haha.

Yeah, you are very correct. Single individual tends to get more comfortable sleeping with lots of pillows than sleeping without any. It gives them a sense and feeling of having a company in bed with those pillows. But dude you should go and get yourself a girlfriend or possibly marry (LOL :p).

Sleeping with a flat pillow on my head makes me more comfortable than having a bulky one, which makes me have stiff-neck when I wake up in the morning.

I once heard that it is medically advisable not to have a pillow when sleeping in a supine position. They say that it is how our body shaped to sleep soundly. Their medical reason for that is for our upper respiratory system to function properly not blocking the airways, as sleeping in a double pillow might cause it to happen due to the neck position.

However if someone has breathing difficulties, it is advised to sleep in a slightly elevated position, with 2-3 pillows, touching not just the head and neck, but also the back for support.

Yeah, you are very correct. Single individual tends to get more comfortable sleeping with lots of pillows than sleeping without any. It gives them a sense and feeling of having a company in bed with those pillows. But dude you should go and get yourself a girlfriend or possibly marry (LOL :p).

How dare you! Hahaha. Sure Heart isn't a name for male? Or is it? But yes, it is how I get my comfort. It is my way of filling every empty space on my bed.

I can't sleep with 1 pillow only. At home, I have four pillows. One under my head, one between my legs, I'm embracing the other one while sleeping, and the last one is beside the wall. For protection. :angel:

i sleep with a pillow. but I've read that if you ave back problems it is much better to sleep without one.

How dare you! Hahaha. Sure Heart isn't a name for male? Or is it? But yes, it is how I get my comfort. It is my way of filling every empty space on my bed.

Jeez, haha :coldsweat:, I was thinking the name sounded masculine to me. Take for instance the legendary wrestler Bret The Hitman Heart, so I jumped to the conclusion that your Heart name is masculine as well. But hey, anyone can answer any name of their choosing. Hope you are enjoying your partner pillow in bed well alright?

Back