What's new

Play ball or is it spectator only?

goodselfme

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Does anyone actually play baseball on a non professional level? I am not talking about throwing the ball and batting it for a while, but somewhat of a regular game?

I don't, but there are a lot of baseball recreational leagues. A lot of men that play it take it very seriously. Even thought it isn't professional. I worked with a guy that did, and he was always going on about his stats.

I don't, but there are a lot of baseball recreational leagues. A lot of men that play it take it very seriously. Even thought it isn't professional. I worked with a guy that did, and he was always going on about his stats.

Thank you for answering this question for me. I appreciate knowing all are not only spectators. Of course enjoying and supporting a team is quite a responsibility!

I played as a kid growing up. There are some adult leagues around I believe, but I've stopped playing for years and just watch now.

I played growing up and there are a few softball leagues around me but I don't think any hardball leagues. I am sure there are a couple but the softball is easier to access.

How long did you play softball? Do you pursue any special team now? I see you like boxing. Has that been your primary focus in sports and not baseball?

I use to be play Little League and eventually played for my varsity team. I lost interest after I graduated. I've contemplated joining a rec league.

I use to be play Little League and eventually played for my varsity team. I lost interest after I graduated. I've contemplated joining a rec league.

Playing ball is time consuming with practice and game playing, so I can understand how you got away from it. Wishing you well to find a league now. Spring is the time to look, isn't it?You might even entertain the thought of forming one rec league of your own. I know my daughter found one at her place of business.

Does anyone actually play baseball on a non professional level? I am not talking about throwing the ball and batting it for a while, but somewhat of a regular game?
I used to play on a church about 12 years ago. Played about three seasons on it. I had fun playing it and also got a game winning hit in one game. That game was the highlight of my day, at that time.

I used to play on a church about 12 years ago. Played about three seasons on it. I had fun playing it and also got a game winning hit in one game. That game was the highlight of my day, at that time.

Those memories are great to relive!:) Ever think of joining or even organizing a ball club at your work, church or social group now?

I do not play. My husband did as a teenager and early 20s. He was a pitcher when he played baseball in a league. He loved it. He is too old now to play safely but wishes he that he still could.

Those memories are great to relive!:) Ever think of joining or even organizing a ball club at your work, church or social group now?

I wish I could. But do to my legs are not the way it use to be. Besides I am so out of shape, I have to get some exercise in especially my legs, so I could try once again some day.

I do not play. My husband did as a teenager and early 20s. He was a pitcher when he played baseball in a league. He loved it. He is too old now to play safely but wishes he that he still could.

I would like to seen him play. Maybe if I was still would been playing, maybe we could have been competing against each other.:) It would of been fun for all of us.

I wish I could. But do to my legs are not the way it use to be. Besides I am so out of shape, I have to get some exercise in especially my legs, so I could try once again some day.

Knowing about the ball game makes watching a lot more fun, doesn't it? It is great to know the limitations now to avoid injuries. Smart!

Safety in playing sports is monumental. I think that is why so many men and women enjoy rooting their teams and keep their arms in the arm chairs instead on the playing fields or stadiums. I bet you and he both know some pointers to give players!:rofl:

I would like to seen him play. Maybe if I was still would been playing, maybe we could have been competing against each other.:) It would of been fun for all of us.
Announce it when and if that happens. I would think that would be as you say;"Fun for all of us".

Knowing about the ball game makes watching a lot more fun, doesn't it? It is great to know the limitations now to avoid injuries. Smart!

Watching the sport is fun. I just wish I could play again. But with knowing the limitations is smart move not to play at this time so no injuries are to occur.

Safety in playing sports is monumental. I think that is why so many men and women enjoy rooting their teams and keep their arms in the arm chairs instead on the playing fields or stadiums. I bet you and he both know some pointers to give players!:rofl:

Even when I was still playing, I was giving some pointers. Due to the fact I was switching between catcher and DH (designated hitter). My step son was also playing on my team and was telling a few tips to help him out, because he never played catcher before in a league.

Back