What's new

Police reunion tour in the works?

Eison

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Police reunion rumors reaching fever pitch

Jonathan Cohen@Reuters/Billboard said:
Rumors are swirling that the Police will reunite for 2007 dates in England and the United States, which would be the rock trio's first since disbanding in 1986.

Sources told Billboard.com the reports -- in the British press -- were legitimate, but they would not publicly comment until final details are nearer to completion.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne," the single that broke the Police in the United States. In a statement issued last month, A&M Records said, "It is our intention to mark the anniversary by doing something special with the band's catalog of songs. Needless to say, everyone is hopeful the band will support our plans and while early discussions have taken place, nothing has been decided."

Sources say in addition to DVD releases, A&M is planning another multi-disc collection in the vein of 1993's "Message in a Box," which featured the band's complete studio recordings and a handful of rarities.

A Police reunion has been the concert industry's dream for two decades, as it is believed the band could play stadiums internationally should it choose to reunite. But besides an impromptu set at Sting's 1992 wedding to Trudie Styler, the Police's only other post-breakup performance was in celebration of its 2003 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

And while Sting has repeatedly expressed reluctance at reuniting, drummer Stewart Copeland and guitarist Andy Summers have kept the flame alive. This summer, Summers told Billboard he was certain the group could have continued past its 1983 commercial peak with "Synchronicity."

"The more rational approach would have been, 'OK, Sting, go make a solo record, and let's get back together in two or three years,"' he said. "I'm certain we could have done that. Of course we could have. We were definitely not in a creative dry space. We could have easily carried on, and we could probably still be there. That wasn't to be our fate. It went in another way. I regret we never paid it off with a last tour."

I would love to see this happen.

Me too. I think this is one of the very few shows I would even pay for the overpriced tickets and travel to see.

E! Reunited Police to Open Grammys

Here's some synchronicity for you.

The Police plan to reunite to perform at next month's Grammy Awards, an appearance widely believed to be a precursor to a full-blown world tour later this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of the band's first single, "Roxanne."

Sting, guitarist Andy Summers and drummer Stewart Copeland will open the 49th Annual Grammy ceremony scheduled for Feb. 11 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and broadcast live on CBS, according to a Tuesday press release by the Recording Academy, the folks behind the awards.

The gig marks the first time the Police have taken the stage together since a much heralded reunion at the 2003 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Link To Original Article

REUTERS Rock trio the Police reunite at Grammys

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rock trio the Police played their first major public show in more than 20 years on Sunday, when they opened the Grammy Awards ceremony, whetting fans' appetite for an expected world tour.
http://feeds.reuters.com/~a/reuters/entertainment?a=rffqFm

http://feeds.reuters.com/~f/reuters/entertainment?a=oQljkXst http://feeds.reuters.com/~f/reuters/entertainment?a=YHsefNSA http://feeds.reuters.com/~f/reuters/entertainment?a=N4kUxnh6 http://feeds.reuters.com/~f/reuters/entertainment?a=RpPkg1Is http://feeds.reuters.com/~f/reuters/entertainment?a=BEluoQYh

Link To Original Article

I watched their performance and then turned off the Grammys. I thought they were solid but didn't blow my doors off, however I do really hope they launch a huge tour this summer.

This tour hase been voted most likely to implode.

I heard they were having a press conference at the whisky this morning.

Yep. If it was Van Hagar that woudl be another story.

Hey,I got an IDea, do a Vbet for this, list all the reunion tours and we bet on who breaks up first.

My **** dvr broke when I tried to record the Grammys and I missed THe Police and I heard Christina this morning. Man can that girl sing.

Yep. If it was Van Hagar that woudl be another story.

Hey,I got an IDea, do a Vbet for this, list all the reunion tours and we bet on who breaks up first.

Who else is doing a reunion tour this summer?

The list so far:

Police
Van halen
Rage Against the Machine
Smashing Pumpkins
Jesus & Mary Chain (so far this is for coachella only)
happy Mondays (who crares)

And there are even rumors flying about of a Led Zeppelin Reunion

My **** dvr broke when I tried to record the Grammys and I missed THe Police and I heard Christina this morning. Man can that girl sing.

She looks great and I think had the best voice of anyone who performed last night.

The Police sounded good, and were able to adjust to the fact that Sting can't hit the high notes anymore. If they manage to keep it together for the tour (which I think they will given the millions of reasons they'll have to do so), I will very much try to get tickets to see them.

I also think Carrie Underwood never looked better.

Oops - one more thing.

Shakira has THE most amazing stomach I've ever seen, and the way she moves? yum!

Oops - one more thing.

Shakira has THE most amazing stomach I've ever seen, and the way she moves? yum!

Yep, she lip sync's like nobody's business!

Yep, she lip sync's like nobody's business!

to tell you the truth, I really don't care about her music -- but watching her shake her **** was mesmerizing.

E! Bonnaroo Calls the Police

The organizers of the sixth annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival have figured out a way to quell any Widespread Panic. Get the Police to stop by.

A newly reunited Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers have been tapped to headline the four-day fest, which kicks off in the usual spot--a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles southeast of Nashville--on June 14.

The Police, scheduled to take the main stage June 16, join a genre-spanning, yet largely indie, lineup that also includes the White Stripes, Tool, Franz Ferdinand, Wilco, the Flaming Lips, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Regina Spektor and, yes, Widespread Panic.

This year's fest will play host to more than 100 musical acts and 20 comedians, including "Arrested Development" alum David Cross, on 13 stages, a multi-sensory experience that Rolling Stone surmises is shaping up to be "the best festival event ever."

Link To Original Article

Back