What's new

PSA: FREEZE WARNING TONIGHT!

kewpon addict

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
For just about all counties now in IL EXCEPT the city...good 'ol Jerry Taft from channel 7 is talking about it so get those plants in peeps! This now includes Dupage, Kane, Lake, Mchenry, etc. etc.

That's not headed my way until Sunday. We were close to 80 today and mid 70's tomorrow. Then it's supposed to be dreary and chilly on Sunday in the mid 50's.

Need new furnace filters. Took my Lowe's coupon to Menards (they confirmed over the phone that they'd accept the Lowe's $10 coupon). Of course they didn't. @@

Kids are in footie jammies tonight, and I'll make the actual trip to Lowe's tomorrow for the filters.

Can't believe this cold :(

Does this mean I should turn my AC off here in SoCal?:wan:

Need new furnace filters. Took my Lowe's coupon to Menards (they confirmed over the phone that they'd accept the Lowe's $10 coupon). Of course they didn't. @@

Kids are in footie jammies tonight, and I'll make the actual trip to Lowe's tomorrow for the filters.

I don't know how cheap Lowe's is but I bought the 2 pack of 'clean air' filters last night at Target for 13.xx. they are the middle of the road quality ones, not the cheapest but not the most expensive.

Anyone turn on their heat? My hub did but I turned it off. He keeps turning it back on, I keep turning it off.

I pulled my basil up and stuck the roots in a glass jar with water. I did this yesterday with my remaining basil plants because the ones I pulled last week are growing like crazy inside.

Anyone turn on their heat? My hub did but I turned it off. He keeps turning it back on, I keep turning it off.

I let it run for a few minutes last night after I changed the filter and it kicked on this morning, it was 65 in here. I only set it to 68, enough to take the chill out of the air.

Bummer about the coupon....Sycamore took it without a problem. In fact, they seemed to know about the coupon and Lowes had never seem it.

Red - we use the cheapest cheapy filters, the ones that only cost like $2 each, and replace them every month. Guy who replaced our furnace recommended that. He said that the "Good" filters actually get in the way of air flow too much.

That's what I was buying, but I need three 10x20x1, so I added other stuff to get to $1

Red - we use the cheapest cheapy filters, the ones that only cost like $2 each, and replace them every month. Guy who replaced our furnace recommended that. He said that the "Good" filters actually get in the way of air flow too much.

Yes, our HVAC guy said the same thing. We buy them by the case when Menards has them on sale. DH changes them monthly. Several years ago we tried one of those pleated filters and had to call HVAC guy because the furnace was going haywire. That's when he told us not to use the pleated ones.

I brought in my poor fern today...................I hope she survives. I should have brought her in a couple nights ago. :pout:

Usually I still have the deck planters still out in November ..... had to pull everything today though... especially the potato vines... they were all cold and drooping and sickly :37:

Back