What's new

Quantum Viking UW SCSI hard drives

Diesel

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
Quantum Viking UW SCSI hard drives

Anyone have any experience with this particular model of hard drive? I know Quantum drives are usually good quality (with the exception of the Bigfoot line), and they're usually quiet drives. I have an Atlas III that's quiet and pretty fast.

The specs look about average, but I want other opinions. I found a deal on a Viking 4.3GB UW SCSI drive for $100, and just want to know if it's worth it.

TIA

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

My experience has been pretty good with these drives. We use these at work to run stress tests and they're pretty solid. If we have a problem, it's usually with the SCSI controller or the mobo.

Would you say the 4.3GB drives are worth $100 each?

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

In the world of SCSI, let alone Quantum, that seems about average. If you want to confirm that I'd go check Pricewatch.

Back