What's new

Recommend some good restaurants in the west and far west suburbs of Chicago

KG

Who Wants Jack Daniels?
PF Member
Reaction score
What are your favorite restaurants in the Geneva/St Charles area? What about around Wheaton/Lisle and anywhere in that vicinity?

I'm looking for a place that's not a national chain, and very open to suggestions. thanks!

thanks a lot you guys. I knew CW peeps would come through. I'm looking for some suggestions of restaurants that are good for kids, and some for adults only.

Some relatives are in town and they want to go out for dinner in that area. My young niece and nephew may or may not be going with, so I'd like to give them a few options to choose from (but not too many or they will never be able to decide).

If you have kids going, the Al Capone's Hideaway & Steakhouse may not be suitable, too dark. :)

Nikko Lodge http://www.nikoslodge.com/, not exactly St Charles, but about 10-15 mins drive outside St Charles

Al Capone's Hideaway & Steakhouse

I haven't been there in years...

We alway have to go here when we are in town...DK if it's convenient for you...Very casual...

Join us and you will see why Russell's Barbecue®

has become a "family tradition since 1930." It's the combination of

our unique Russell's Barbecue® sauce and mouthwatering meat which is

cooked fresh everyday in our kitchens. Our comfortable atmosphere and

friendly employees help complete the total Russell's Barbecue®

experience families have loved for over 70 years

http://www.russellsbarbecue.com/hoursloc.html

I live in St. Charles, we like Francesca's and Zaza's for Italian, La Bien Trucha in Geneva is a mexican tapas restaurant that is THE place lately. Any specific type of restaurant you are looking for? I like RX Cafe for kids. There is a little play area. It is very casual, but gift certificates can be found on restaurant.com. BYO with no cork fee.

Excellent. I narrowed it down to about 5. We'll see what they decide. thank you all very much.

Nosh, in downtown Geneva, has great food. My son (5) loves to eat there too, because they have a great children's menu, and when you **** in there is a shelf with toys on it that they can take to the table with them.

If you want fast food, I highly recommend Kabobs on rt. 64 in St. Charles. Good food, great prices, big portions.

Check out www.lthforum.com.

It's a very diverse group of Chicago area foodies. Can be snarky at times (shouldn't scare anyone from here!!), but it's a fantastic resource for Chicago area dining on both the high end and at holes-in-the-wall.

I forgot about The Bank in downtown Wheaton. They have an area downstairs where they have private parties. That might be a good spot for your large group.

I always liked to have a separate room or area when we had a big group since I was the one with the little kids. At least then they can kind of move around in the room without bugging everyone else at the restaurant!

Nosh, in downtown Geneva, has great food. My son (5) loves to eat there too, because they have a great children's menu, and when you **** in there is a shelf with toys on it that they can take to the table with them.

If you want fast food, I highly recommend Kabobs on rt. 64 in St. Charles. Good food, great prices, big portions.
Oh, Kabobs, I looove that place.

2nd vote for Nosh in Geneva! YUMSVILLE, so good for breakfast!

Johnnys Charhouse in Sycamore is one of our favorites. It might be too far west but they have delish steaks. I love steak!! I'm pretty picky. It's a semi-casual atmosphere with really nice wait staff.

Nikko's is great. I live real close. They are often on restaurants.com and they have save $10 off $40 in mailers.

I haven't been there in years...

We alway have to go here when we are in town...DK if it's convenient for you...Very casual...

Join us and you will see why Russell's Barbecue®

has become a "family tradition since 1930." It's the combination of

our unique Russell's Barbecue® sauce and mouthwatering meat which is

cooked fresh everyday in our kitchens. Our comfortable atmosphere and

friendly employees help complete the total Russell's Barbecue®

experience families have loved for over 70 years

http://www.russellsbarbecue.com/hoursloc.html

I didn't know they had one out that way. If you go, look for the on-the-menu-again/off-the-menu-again mac & cheese bites. OMG. :faint: Think, wedges of mac & cheese breaded and deep fried. :faint: :faint: :faint: I'm not a big fried food eater (or prepared mac-n-cheese for that matter) but OMG. They go perfectly w/their sandwiches and are little heart attacks waiting to happen.

Maybe that's why it's "off" the menu from time to time.

Thank you everyone! She picked the Cellar Bistro from the list I gave her (as I thought she would).

Oh and as a cheese fiend (addict?) I'm going to have to try those mac and cheese bites at the barbecue place on a day when I'm feeling .op . Hopefully the Rolling Meadows location has them too. :drool:

Back