What's new

Rick Barry. Like him or not?

Rocky Balboa

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Back in 2006 -2008 I used to listen to NBA Radio on Sirius radio(satallite). Rick Barry often hosted the 4 hour show. Overall it was a good radio show with lots on current and former players contributing.

One thing I have learned about Rick is, he is genuinely appreciative of the fans. He takes his time with fans who call in to his show to talk and ask questions. Rick was always gracious and inviting. I grew to like Rick Barry as a radio host.

However, Rick always, and I mean always, gets mad about two things: He gets mad that todays players can't shoot jump shots. And, he always vents his anger that NBA owners are not falling over themselves to offer him coaching jobs.

What do you think of Rick Barry as Radio/TV personality?

He definitely is outspoken about many topics. He was a great player though and his opinions should be respected especially when it comes to shooting the basketball.

`If he complained on air about not being offered a coaching job, that's gotta be hurting his chances of getting one. If his team plays like crap, and he gets fired after three seasons, You think he'll complain about getting shafted? I wouldn't wanna hire him if he ranted about it on his radio show.

I never had an issue with Rick Berry on TV. he does an okay job with breaking down what guys should be doing on their squad,and telling everyone why certain teams are or aren't a treat.

Ahahaha, I love the guy, that's who he is, just outspoken. I like him because he is so natural and always makes sense.

`If he complained on air about not being offered a coaching job, that's gotta be hurting his chances of getting one. If his team plays like crap, and he gets fired after three seasons, You think he'll complain about getting shafted? I wouldn't wanna hire him if he ranted about it on his radio show.

I never had an issue with Rick Berry on TV. he does an okay job with breaking down what guys should be doing on their squad,and telling everyone why certain teams are or aren't a treat.

I think the guy's been essentially black balled from coaching. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just fall in line, which makes him not the best assistant coach more than likely. Nobody just gets handed head coaching jobs with no prior coaching experience typically.

Back