What's new

rving

Spiritwindradio

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, United States
Last fall I found an rv on craigslist. whops. The guy told me it has only been off road couple years. After putting on a water pump it should make it from captown to hutch no problem. Never made it out of town. I've been stuck here since then. It needed a new cam, well its 30 years old and there are some distinct differences into todays 360 engines and the ones 30 years ago. One is the lifters. You can not adjust the old ones. The mechanic assumed since it was on rv, it's cam must be larger then a standard dodge van engine. Well that lead to needing new push rods made. Then we got it running and now there's a miss, and it could be maybe the heads and valves are bad. Lets put a new carb on it. And then leave the old hard ware the hooks up the linkage, and gas peddle and drop down, on the old carb. updates when i stop pulling out my hair

Hope you can get some use out of it quickly
I've always enjoyed camping or RV'n would be fun as well.

me too brandon, i missing the powwows. WE had to fabricate fittings and find a really skinny bolt. We should up and running soon. There are still things it needs. of course. I can not wait to get out and about. first stop is hutch to get my power chair, it has been a real hardship not having it. I am not a sit person. Love to up and going. on the road again, making music with all my friends, i just want to be on the road again.

this reminds me of the Bill Engvall story when he rented the RV....lol... I tried finding a YT clip but had no luck...

I am really tired of the scammers in this town. I met this people last fall. They convinced me instead of towing it to hutch to get worked on, stay here and they would do it. Since i have been here. I have put over 7000 dollars into their house hold. Last month after paying the 200 dollars agreed upon rent, he came back out and told me he lost money on a deal and needed 300 more. that wiped me out. I am on disability and the state pays someone to help take care of my daily needs. I was run over by a car and my hips do not work and i have a thing called myofacial pain syndrom. Hes in the national guard and has had issues with getting his travel pay and other stuff from them. Ok ill help you out, you are going through a hard time, that what people do help each other out. I have found out, its not they are needy they are greedy. He promised to pay back around 500. the other i gave him was just trying to be a good person, helping a person who has served his country.
They bought a new car they cant afford. then last night instead of paying me back tells me bought a new puter. laptop.
I told him the timing is still off. and i think the hard drag is the transmission fluid needs changed.
he told me to take it to a shop. So after all the money i have given them, I am to take it too a shop. So I am still here, still broke down. My mate got tired of the whole thing, got drunk, he an genetic alcoholic, i wont see him again for months. Hope he made it back home to get his shot. The shot really does work.
My whole ordeal in this town is just a constant repeat. I moved here to go collage. Found the worse land lord, god i wont even go into that horror story you wouldn't believe it anyway. I found a an apartment over on 15 and van buran, ok i do not know this town. They told me it was crime free drug free, and we all signed all kinds of paper work to this fact.
well the managers son just got out of prison for federal drug trafficking and his brother for murder. the first one got out and moved into his moms apartment.
I told the owner what was going on. Stupid me a man who professes to be a christian making kick backs on the drug deals. yes he told the dealer i told. they stole my car and dumped it in a pond, shot up the house, and torched my rv.
when i first got here my daughter was at work shes a nanny. two drunk drivers in a stolen pickup totaled my car and drove into the front porch. neither went to jail or got a ticket. so you can imagine the first land lord story being even more of a night mare, it was. and i cant even talk about that. still brings total state of panic to think about it.
If i had a gun at this point i would just shoot myself. I have been thinking the 1-70 is not that far, ill just step in front of a fast moving truck, but i cant do that, my dad was a trucker and that would hurt the driver. I feel so lost and alone. I am a good person who tries her best to be good to others. Today I just feel sorry for myself.

oh man sorry to hear all that but it isn't worth a life
I do hope you can find someone to help out, you can email me if you want, we can chat on the phone. Life can be tough at times, but keep your head up and it'll get better.

Thank you Brandon, I keep telling myself this too will pass. I have been on twitter and fb looking for someone to help me at least get my stuff out of their storage shed in the back yard and the dog house put on. The agency that pays for the home health says i have to find my own help, they do not do that for me. So I will keep looking for someone.

Can you take the ppl to court?
Just because they lost the check you sent them, doesn't mean u have to pay again!

WEll I finally found some honest, good mechanics on craiglist, that were not afraid to work on old ****. They were able to adjust the timing, carb, and plugs to go with the cam that was put in that was bigger then the old. The also were able to fix the lever system the old fashioned windshield wipers used. They change the transmission fluid and filter, and not only knew what a grease gun was but how to use and where. We had a wonderful converstions about the crystal cave of the giants in mexico, that's where one of the guys was from. I told her how much I wanted to go. and he advised me they are all crazy down there killing each other not save. He said even if he was too take me there, he could not guarantee my softy. And it does not surprise me with those crystal down there and the dark energies that can manipulate that kind of energy. They only charge me 80 dollars to do all the work. An they cleaned up after themselves, poured all the old fluids into the bottles so it could be deposed properly. So I am almost road worth, they really cautioned being on the hiway with these tires, they have a lot of weather wear. but they look like 12 ply and they might make it to Hutchinson if i drive slow. I am going down on 6th street tomorrow, they told me I might be able to pick up some good used ones. OH and down on my signature is my etsy store, Make me an offer on stuff, I am desperate.

Back