What's new

Shure Super 55 Elvis Mic

jokerswild

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this or the standard Shure 55SH for their karaoke shows?

Thoughts on each would be great as I plan to use one or the other for a wedding mostly due to the look and what I think that look will bring to the stage presentation..... but, what about sound?

jokerswild said:
Anyone use this or the standard Shure 55SH for their karaoke shows?

Thoughts on each would be great as I plan to use one or the other for a wedding mostly due to the look and what I think that look will bring to the stage presentation..... but, what about sound?

It was a "usable mic" and that's it. Nothing spectacular, it's appearance is what made it famous.

c. staley said:
It was a "usable mic" and that's it. Nothing spectacular, it's appearance is what made it famous.

Which one are you referring to the 55SH or the Super 55 with the Beta capsule?

I have used a Super 55 for one of my show mics for a yr now and I love it!!!!

Use it for every band gig and will never use anything else unless i need a wireless.

Super 55 is a very good mic all around!

Thinkin about pulling it from karaoke because ppl want to sing into the top or side or even the back. Then of course it "MY Fault" the **** thing isn't on. Plus it smells like smoke etc.

Every time it is not on a mic stand I get complaints. Ppl love it ! Alot don't have a clue tho.

Goes both ways. Your mileage may vary.

Lee

I own one that I use at home to practice with ( because it was one of Elvis's! -a gift, won at an auction. Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Conway Twitty, and others used one too) but wouldn't use it for karaoke.

I have no plans of useing it outside of wedding events or special corporate gigs... no way would it see the inside of a bar.... those inbred ignorant boobs get the drunk mics..... ;)

I don't know how it sounds, but the red limited edition model looks awesome.

super55_redblk_hero_whtbkg2.jpg

From what I understand the Red edition is the same as the Blue chromed version.... but, you are right it does look hot! The kind of mic you make love with... caress and have sex with on stage.... oops did I say that out loud....

jokerswild said:
I have no plans of useing it outside of wedding events or special corporate gigs... no way would it see the inside of a bar.... those inbred ignorant boobs get the drunk mics..... ;)

Love yer patrons, don'tcha?.....:rolleyespill::laughpill:

jokerswild said:
From what I understand the Red edition is the same as the Blue chromed version.... but, you are right it does look hot! The kind of mic you make love with... caress and have sex with on stage.... oops did I say that out loud....

.....And people wonder why I use UV and sanitizing spray on the mics..... eeeeeeeeewwwwwww...

the Black n Red was a GC anniv special this past yr. Almost got one.

I think they look really cool...might have to put one on the wish list

Looks like the Super 55 is on my shopping list for my April Krokie Wedding....

Back