What's new
  • Support Peak Forum!
    Vote for us in the Site Battle Madness contest.
    Round 4 Vote PF

Spiders as Pets

Ravenfreak

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
I'm afraid of spiders and the thought of having a spider as a pet confuses me. XD My wife's uncle had a pet tarantula in the past, I know they remove the venom from their fangs but still that's going to be a nope from me. I've heard of people capturing other spiders such as jumping spiders to keep as pets, other species are good for controlling other pests too. I still wouldn't have the courage to keep one as a pet, or really insect for that matter. :V Plus I have a cat and he would probably end up eating the spider if it escaped it's cage.

There is no way I would be able to keep a spider as a pet at all. I have a huge fear of spiders in general even the house spiders that we get as well so anything as a pet would be a no go for me. I remember my cousin and my brother being interested in getting a tarantula, luckily they never bothered and I was very thankful for that as they wouldn't have seen me around for a while LOL. Just the thought of a tarantula makes me shiver!

I don't doubt that there are people that can keep spiders as pets. People rear a lot of animals as pets just for the sake of doing so. That is something we shouldn't overlook, bur rearing a spider will be a total waste of time for me.

Back