What's new

Steve Jobs...

:faint:

That's so sad...the liver transplant didn't seem to have gone well...he looked terrible when he "retired".

I think that is why he quit--he had pancreatic cancer--and though he lived 8 years--I think that they finally knew that this was it---he did say knowing that I will be dead soon--etc--they just quoted him on abc news--

So sad.

:31: I propose a toast to Steve Jobs, for making our lives more intersting and the world a little smaller. :31:

TMZ posted these pictures two days after he retired. He left behind a wife and 4 kids :(

0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

Amazingly innovative man who truly changed a generation. Sad for us and especially for his family.

This is so sad.

DD12s friend's mom just went into home hospice. I'm so sad for them.

Cancer sucks

Dad died at 54 of cancer--way too young

Mine died at 61 of cancer. It was a horrible time for me and my mother :pout:

Hubby has just called me to tell me the news about Steve Jobs. I saw the pics posted by TMZ back in August and thought he wouldn't live much longer. What an influential man, with a fabulous mind! RIP

I guess this is the perfect example that money can't buy everything.....

sooooo sad. I LOVED the movie that showed the Steve Jobs story. 2 CRAZY kids!!! Changed all our lives!

I was thinking the same thing.

When it's your time, it's your time. The best doctor's in the world can't change that. :pout:

This man has single handedly changed the world of "modern technology". Ever since I got an iPod I felt like I stepped into a new world! It sounds crazy to those that are still using pc's or regular phones, I mean, for those people that have Entered the World of I", life has never been the same. It is not just the material electronics, it's the brillance of his mind to simplify n amaze us in "education", "work", "creativity", "play" all in one! I am sure he mapped out the future of Apple for the next 20 years! He WILL rest in peace with his home in "The Cloud"!
Sent From My Dreamsicle IPad!

WOW...it's sad, but not surprising. Didn't he just recently make some retirement announcement...like within the past month? (I know you are all discussing that but I thought it was more recent

ETA: Okay, it was Aug. 24...little over a month ago.

"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know," Jobs wrote in his letter of resignation. "Unfortunately, that day has come."

That statement says it all...poor guy, RIP.

So Sad :( Way too young to leave earth, but He accomplished soooooo much while he was here. And ....I also thought the same thing as some others ........... even with ALL the $$$$$$$$$$$ he had, it couldn't save his life. $$$$$$$$$ isn't everything.

Back