Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Its exciting, it must be very dangerous. But it makes great telly watching! :D

copyright2004byericnguyen_zps10adcd77.jpg

Copyright 2004 Eric Nguyen both pictures

dailymailpicsclouds_zps2320ef24.jpg

inc from the Daily Mail

Storm chasers are driven. It takes courage to head towards a tornado when everyone else is running away from it. However, their courage has given us valuable information on these storms and tornados.

My Texan friend Ed says they have impressive vehicles. Said he 'saw a truck driven by a pair of storm chasers, and it's like an armored vehicle. It's low to the ground, so winds can't go underneath to pick it up, and the body and windows are reinforced'.

Storm Chasing is an awesome career. You get to take some of the worlds most amazing pictures, and share them with the world with your name on them, plus you get to experience some of the most frightening storms, take pictures of it and collect valuable storm data.

Very good video, though I was surprised to see a woman storm chaser. She must have seen some terrific storms, but also had huge courage.

[video=youtube;o8cye1Xtw5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8cye1Xtw5o[/video]

I love seeing the things people see during storm chasing but I'd never have that much bravery XD

i want to go storm chasing so bad every time i hear about sever weather around here. i actually have a neighbor by my parents' house that is a storm chaser for one of the news channels in this part of the state. i think it would be so cool, i looove storms.

I'd like to take some pictures of lightning, but its apparently difficult to do. I love storms much better than I used to, but when we were on holiday onboard ship last September, went through a terrible storm and on the sea, the weather conditions were just horrific. O.O

Back