What's new

Stroller/Car Seat

mwwong

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a good convertible or 3 in 1 car seat?

Any suggestions for a good, lightweight, easy to carry around stroller?

Don't have any suggestions, but there are some convertible strollers at 50% off at some Target locations.

With a convertible carseat the most important thing to look at is the height of the harness straps. Most kids outgrow seats by height rather than weight, so the higher the top set of straps is the longer the seat will last you. And the longer you can keep a kid in a convertible seat (vs a booster) the safer the kid will be.

DD has a Britax Marathon. I like it. It goes up to 100 lbs. or something, so DD will be taking her driver's test in it. It's supposed to be one of the better ones.

We have the Graco Nautilus for our kids. The 5 point harness goes up to 65 pounds, and the high back booster goes up to 100 pounds. Then of course you can take the back off for a regular booster.

We love it. It's not too heavy and it's easy to transfer to other cars if needed. I like that the cupholders are built in, adn there are little "cubby" areas in each arm rest for the kids to stash their toys so they don't keep falling down.

Any suggestions for a good convertible or 3 in 1 car seat?

Any suggestions for a good, lightweight, easy to carry around stroller?

I love my Maclaren volo stroller. It is super lightweight and you can throw it over your shoulder(they have a shoulder strap). This is their version of an umbrella stroller so it doesn't recline if that is what you are looking for. I would highly recommend any Maclaren strollers. I love them!! They cost a little more but are definitely worth it IMO!

I have a Graco Double Stroller, Carrier, and 2 car seat bases that I am trying to sell to anyone that is in need. They can be split up as well, and the funny thing is that I will take NON-expired Jewel Cats for partial payment!

PM Me for pictures if anyone is interested.

(the funny thing is that I will take NON-expired Jewel Cats for partial payment!)

u crack me up!

Britax Marathon, love it. The DD loves it too. Is the best carseat when switching cars too. Kind of bulky but not so much as to not getting it, fits fine in the van.

I thought to myself why did I ever waste my time with any other carseat with my boys who are now 15 and 8, and then I realized that this was my very first time ever purchasing a carseat the boys got them as gifts.

Lol. My girls have Marathons too. My ds is tall for his age and he fit in a Marathon until he was 5 1/2. He had an Evenflo seat before that which he outgrew just before his 3rd birthday.

Back