What's new

Summer Reading

Finity

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
i never understood this. is it so they could give us work BEFORE the school year starts!? and WHY DO THEY GIVE US THE WORST BOOKS EVER?!?!?!?
last year, they made us read ROOTS during the summer. SUMMER. FREE TIME. ugh god. so you know what a friend and me did? we defied the system. we watched all 10 hours of video. and know what i got on the test? a C+. but thats a different story. this year we hafta read "The God of Small Things" by Arundhati Roy which hasta be one of the hardest books to follow i have ever read. has anyone read this peice of sh*t? i cant follow it. its terrible. im gonna cry

Not only that, but "The God of Small Things" is only 2 years old - hardly a literary classic (yet at least) like "The Grapes of Wrath" or "A Tale of Two Cities" that arguably *should* be read over the summer.

----------------------------
My knob tastes funny.

For me, that summer reading was never forced...I read like it's going out of style. They never gave us summer reading in high school though.

A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

grapes of wrath i read in 9th grade

it was poo

i did like reading the bluest eye by toni morrison this year tho

the god of small things is god awful
i cant even touch it

Grapes of Wrath is a very thick book, there's many layers to it...it's one of my favorites now, although I hated it when I read it in high school. Give it a few years & then look back at it.

My knob tastes funny.

I've never read that...maybe I"ll have to try it.

It's a pretty grim and sad book. It does a good job of painting the conditions of the depression and how Oklahoma was during the dust bowl years. Not the most upbeat reading, ever.

not much of what I read is upbeat...true crime and stuff like that

Books are overrated
supergrin.gif

I read constantly until this past year...now I find it boring.

i had to read Native Son, and i still have to read Death Of A Salesman. and, school starts tuesday.
i also have to answer a bunch of gay questions to go along with it.

Back