What's new

Talking To Trees

Dreek Lass

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So I am quite a spiritual person. On EVERY separate occasion where my mother, my older sister, and I have gone to see mediums, they always look at me and tell me that I am a very old soul, and they almost say it out of a deep respect. In my eyes, I am taking that to mean that I have had many lifetime experiences.

From a lot of the experiences that I have had here, I would say that nature is a big part of my path, and that I need to get in touch with it again. But I like to be in doors these days. One of the spiritual teachers told me that she hugs trees, and that she can actually feels it's pulse beating against her chest. She said that it is extraordinary and a surreal experience and that I should try it.

I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if anybody else ever had, and what it was like?

I've never tried it and don't think many other people have either. I don't believe she could feel the tree's pulse, it was probably all psychological, but that's just my opinion.

I've actually hugged plenty of trees before, mostly when I was younger, but it wasn't for a spiritual reason at all.
I was just very lonely, as my best friend and I were in the middle of separating and there was this one tree that I would always pass on my way home from school. I just got in the habit of talking to it when there was no one else around and I felt like that tree was an important part of my life at the time.
And then when I was really little, I just liked to hug trees because they give us oxygen and it was nice of them to do so.

If I could, I would love to feel a tree's pulse when I hug it. It would make me feel a lot less alone. Then, at the same time, I think it would be very scary because... well... trees become very scary looking at night. Knowing that they had a pulse would just freak me out in that sense.

I used to hug trees when I was little because I thought they were alive in a conscious kind of way.

Okay, I think I'm odd for not hugging trees as a child. :o_O: :lol:

I've never tried it and don't think many other people have either. I don't believe she could feel the tree's pulse, it was probably all psychological, but that's just my opinion.

Hannah, everything is psychological. The way we see things, the way we feel things, smell thing, hear things. If you have something slightly different about your mind/brain than someone else, then you will perceive it in a way that others do not. The you are deemed crazy, but different points of view make the world go around.

I believe that she pelt the trees pulse. How can you say that trees don't have a pulse unless you have hugged one and felt for it?

I didn't even hug trees as a child, because I didn't want to get my clothes dirty, but I love how so many of you did. When we are children we are much more connected to our true selves than when we are adults and indoctrinated. Trees are conscious and I love that knowing that earned the trees hug :)

Back