What's new

Teachers (school, sunday school, day care...)

mrs.melton08

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Where do you get cheap bulletin board stuff at?

Our church is house in a closed CPS school. I have been using some of the left over bulletin board paper and things to make my boards for my classroom, but now I am running out and I want to use my own creativity.

Where can I get cheap rolls of colored paper for the board, borders, cut outs, etc.

Although it would be nice to have specific biblically based things, basic shapes and items can still be used easily (bee-beatitudes, fruit-fruit of the spirit, etc) so that is not a requirement.

I would like to put this up this weekend for my class.
Valentine-s-Day-Bulletin-Board-Ideas.jpg

I can make the hearts out of construction paper, but the border and the background pink paper I will need.

if i remember right, i think the dollar store and five below have borders..... I have also seen people use old tablecloths (either vinal or cloth) as backgrounds works well especially for holidays

also have you tried lakeshore learning? i know they have rolls of paper, (don't know the cost although i'm sure you can look online or call) but they always have coupons for them

The writing on those looks like it was either stamped or stenciled. Then you could write whatever you want!

you could also buy rolls of plasic tablecloth (which might be cheaper than paper). To use as the background. Think party city would have that

If you are going to do this all the time invest in a circut or similar die system..you will be amazed at how much you will use it for home/ kid /school projects

Here at school we often use wrappping paper for backing the boards dollar store cheap stuff

Blick art supplies has rolls of paper. We got one a while back on clearance for cheap for school projects.

Will not help your current issue, but if your class is in need of writing/art paper, contact your local newspaper. They will give you end rolls of paper from the plant for nothing.

Look like this:

IMG_5813.JPG

I think I've seen borders at Dollar Tree too....

Thank Joy, I pick up everything I find at the dollar tree :) but just wanted more variety/choice

For background, lots of teachers use felt or fabric from the clearance sections. Cut to size and just reuse each year.

For background paper, I use wrapping paper!!!! Love love love it! For borders I sometimes use my own creations... Crumpled paper, tissue paper looks nice.

For background paper, I use wrapping paper!!!! Love love love it! For borders I sometimes use my own creations... Crumpled paper, tissue paper looks nice.

I used wrapping paper too! So many colors and patterns available!

United Art and Education Store in Merrillville. It's the old School Stuff store. It's by Home Depot. Great store!

Back