What's new

The Final Episode of The Sopranos

Did you enjoy the final episode of The Sopranos?

• Yes, I enjoyed it

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, it was a disappointment to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have mixed feelings about it

• I didn't see it/don't watch the show

• Total voters

GoingNova

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
Please do not read this thread if you have not yet watched the Final Episode, in case some details are revealed. That being said, if you have seen the Final Episode, did you enjoy it?

I saw it, and it was a complete disappointment to me. I guess I just expected more from it. I found the ending to be horrible, and I think it utterly lacked any closure at all. I think a lot of people are very unhappy with David Chase right now.

I saw it and enjoyed it. I think the message there was that life goes on for Tony Soprano. The series may be over, but things remain the same in the Soprano Family.

It certainly was a different ending then I've ever seen before, that's for sure. :tongue:

I figured after the t.v. went black that you would of heard something. But when you have an ending that like you are anticipating something to happen and it doesn't. What a way to end a show...lmao

I think you guys totally missed the point, and I thought the ending was really clever. Of course, I could completely have misinterpreted things.

Go back to the flashback with Bobby on the boat. Tony and Bobby were discussing what happens when you die. In Bobby's words, "At the end, you probably don't hear anything, everything just goes black."

In my mind, that was a huge clue.

There's also a clue that every single episode of the show ended with a song, and in this one, the song is cut off very abrubtly.

While I can't confirm it, I'm pretty sure the guy in the Member's Only jacket was seen in earlier episodes in the series as Phil Leotardo's nephew, so that only add to the "hit" theory.

I think the main idea behind the show was to draw your own conclusions, but my conclusion was that Tony was whacked, and the clues seem to be there to back things up. Taking the most obvious clue (the conversation with Bobby on the boat, and the subsequent dream flashback to that conversation), the ending cleverly tied that idea together.

I think you guys totally missed the point, and I thought the ending was really clever. Of course, I could completely have misinterpreted things.

Go back to the flashback with Bobby on the boat. Tony and Bobby were discussing what happens when you die. In Bobby's words, "At the end, you probably don't hear anything, everything just goes black."

In my mind, that was a huge clue.

There's also a clue that every single episode of the show ended with a song, and in this one, the song is cut off very abrubtly.

While I can't confirm it, I'm pretty sure the guy in the Member's Only jacket was seen in earlier episodes in the series as Phil Leotardo's nephew, so that only add to the "hit" theory.

I think the main idea behind the show was to draw your own conclusions, but my conclusion was that Tony was whacked, and the clues seem to be there to back things up. Taking the most obvious clue (the conversation with Bobby on the boat, and the subsequent dream flashback to that conversation), the ending cleverly tied that idea together.

Pretty interesting theory, and I think it is sound. We may never know though.

I think it's definate that we won't know. I think David Chase kinda leaves it up to us to end it...but I also think he put us on the edge of our seats by creating the illusion that something was about to happen: Meadow having trouble parking the car and then running across the street, the Member's Only guy at the counter and his furtive glances (I've read he was not Phil Leotardo's nephew) and the two guys that walk in and look at the dessert case. I think all that was to make us think something was happening...and then nothing...life as usual. That's just my take on it.

It could of ended like this.

Tony Soprano and his family were ordering dinner. Tony kept a watchful eye on this man from the counter while he walked to the bathroom. At the entrance to the restaurant two men who just didn't seem to belong there kept looking in Tonys direction. They were FBI agents undercover to protect the Soprano family. Just then the man from the bathroom walks out holding a gun in his hand ready to fire, in that brief second bullets exploding, terrified patrons scattering under tables, running out the door. Tony and his family in shock that their life was going to end. The FBI agents were quick and killed this man who was out to get Tony and his family. Watching the pool of blood from this lifeless man, one of the FBI agents throws an envelope down on the table. What are in the contents of this envelope...ahhh another mystery.

Stay tuned for coming attractions. :rotflmao:

Back