What's new

This is why I don't have faith in the UK's or US's justice system...

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
View attachment 112

Of course, this isn't to say that it always happens, but when you have a look at recent events it seems that murderers, kidnappers, rapists etc get sentences better off in comparison to people, say, behind file-sharing sites. We get people going on homicidal sprees or harming children, but a man in charge of a whistle-blowing website is condemned as a terrorist and it's suggested for them to be assassinated.

There's too many loopholes and inconsistencies that give me little faith in the UK or US'S justice systems. Anyone remember about the "cat lady" in the UK who threw cat's into a bin? Pretty much at the same period of time a young black man with a rich/famous father did the same thing and nothing became of it, yet that woman was constantly in the news and people set up hate groups and stuff about her.​

Pretty sure the guy who owned Megaupload got more years in jail than some guy who raped and killed two young girls.
I hate the justice system. It makes me get really angry.

Pretty sure the guy who owned Megaupload got more years in jail than some guy who raped and killed two young girls.
I hate the justice system. It makes me get really angry.

can you link to any source justifying your comments?

Just how long was Kim Dotcom in jail for -?

There is an admittance from the MET Police UK that several companies - in order to progress inquiries have paid the police - such as overtime bill etc.

Virgin is on record as having done just that when a case involving counterfeit set top i.e Tivo boxes.

Makes me wonder who else ?

ZP3twck.jpg

If you think posting up some edited pic counts as a source - ??

For one Miguel Carano was tried in Spain for a crime he committed in Spain - bears no relevance to US Justice.

Again if you have a credible source to verify any trial - conviction - jail sentence for KIM - please post .

I'm no expert :p it's just my personal opinion that regardless of country that a rapist deserves more years than the owner of Megaupload. My knowledge isn't extensive in terms of the justice system however I know that it's far too soft in the UK.
I apologise for the picture but I see no reason why a Spanish man should be punished less than an American man for a crime that was much worse :p

I'm no expert :p it's just my personal opinion that regardless of country that a rapist deserves more years than the owner of Megaupload. My knowledge isn't extensive in terms of the justice system however I know that it's far too soft in the UK.
I apologise for the picture but I see no reason why a Spanish man should be punished less than an American man for a crime that was much worse :p

Ok : The Spanish guy has been jailed - yes?

Kim has not - so any discussion as to the rights and wrongs of "punishment" is hypothetical as in if Kim is not jailed or is jailed for less than 20 years your argument is gone.
and I know ziclch about any form or early release - appeals proceedure in Spain.

But my opinion as you are entitled to your own - is that such statements backed by "pics" might make this site look less than credible - responsible - reliable.

I didn't realise he hasn't been :p it's worrying that it was considered.

My stupid opinions doesn't mean the site is less credible :p I never claimed to know anything about the justice system and you don't have to to run a forum :p honestly I'm not qualified to debate about it and I can assure you that you probably know far more than I do about it but my personal opinion is what I've already said. I'm not saying I'm right :p

Certainly a whole lot wrong with - Justice- and how it works or rather does not - I do hope we can open a debate on this subject.

Perhaps taking the lead from the photo = why are crimes against women - domestic violence for example - so underrepresented in total conviction rate and sentencing. This and a parole and remission policy.

The judicial system doesn't always uphold civil rights fairly well and it's mostly due to how much media publicity is given, so when compared to other cases it's awful, but at the time it's seen as just. Cases vary and despite how it's not ethically moral, you can't compare every case with x. I'm sure the reason he was given so many years is because of the extent Kim shared was excessive enough to have such media publicity, therefore when it came down to it, the court ruled x amount of years in order to set in stone that his crime does not go unpunished (because this is one of the first steps against piracy). Ok. I'm p much failing at explaining myself but tldr; the judiciary cannot compare every case.

The judicial system doesn't always uphold civil rights fairly well and it's mostly due to how much media publicity is given, so when compared to other cases it's awful, but at the time it's seen as just. Cases vary and despite how it's not ethically moral, you can't compare every case with x. I'm sure the reason he was given so many years is because of the extent Kim shared was excessive enough to have such media publicity, therefore when it came down to it, the court ruled x amount of years in order to set in stone that his crime does not go unpunished (because this is one of the first steps against piracy). Ok. I'm p much failing at explaining myself but tldr; the judiciary cannot compare every case.

I'm confused - KIM was not tried - sentenced or jailed - as yet. The 50 years mentioned in the photo was the maximum sentence given much media hype - he may have been sentenced to.

However I can agree with your point the media may play such a role - as you suggest. In fact I do believe your misunderstanding based on a simple photo shop graphic rather proves your point.

Back