What's new

Those crazy shape rubber bands...

RisaAlvarez

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
...are your kids crazy about them?

I was at Jewel two nights ago and there were 3 huge baskets full of them. I was in a hurry and there was no price so I thought I would go later and get two packs to surprise the girls....well, last night they were gone so I asked where they put 'em. The Osco lady said 'Put 'em?! They're GONE! They were gone as soon as we put them out!'

I have no idea where else to look for them.

Are your kids crazy for these things? Where have you seen them for sale?

They are the "HOT" item now. Which reminds me, I have to get a pack for my nephew. I offered to buy him a pack if he gave DD 1 band.

My kids bought some at Walgreens. I also heard that Halmark sells them.
Kids love them, but I don't get the obsession

My kids bought some at Walgreens. I also heard that Halmark sells them.
Kids love them, but I don't get the obsession

I will be on the look out today for them. I have a halmark next door to Jewel. Thanks for the suggestions. I had no idea where else to look.

Huh? (In honor of Gary Coleman) "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?" :bee:

Really. What other shape could a rubber band be? Someone post a pic.

M

Yes!! my kids HAD to have them!! they are shaped like an icecream cone or bunny but then they go on like the old rubber bracelets from the 80's. The kids trade different shapes at school. They were $1.99 a pack of 12 at Jewel, and they were $2.99 a pack at the expensive toy store next to the Jewel!

walgreens also sells them. The shapes are guitars, treats (ice cream cones), penguins (realllly hot item!), dinosaurs, cats, dogs... they are sold in bags of 12 in a pack. The wrapper/packaging states what is in it, whether farm animals sea creatures ect.... wags had them for $1.99 They are pretty thin and in 5 or 6 different colored shaped rubber bands.

So there's no pic to be had of these darn things? :koolaid2:

Google Wacky Bands and you'll see them. Sorry I couldn't get an image to post.

So they're bracelets?

Article says they're a safety concern?! How?

OSJL sells knock offs for cheap in New England:
image_595.jpg

Kids everywhere are going wild over Silly Bandz™. They're colorful rubber bands made of silicone and die molded in a bunch of fun shapes. Silly Bandz™ return to their original shape when you take them off the item they're holding (or off of your wrist). Silly Bandz™ cost $5.99 for a pack of 12.

At Job Lot we're offering our own assortment of colorful rubber bands which are made of silicone and die molded in a bunch of fun shapes. Like Silly Bandz™ our rubber bands return to their original shape when you take them off the item they're holding (or off of your wrist.) Our just-as-silly bands cost $1.99 for a pack of 12.

Their Silly Bandz™ @ 12 for $5.99 Or, our just-as-silly bands @ 12 for $1.99.

Stupid kids wearing too many on their wrists and cutting off circulation to their hands.

Whah?! :faint: Stupid is right......surprised they remember to breathe. :lol:

Now that I said that......I went outside and DS (10 1/2) was playing in the neighbor's kiddie pool. I saw something bright green around his big toe. It was a hair tie twisted several times around his toe which was turning white. WTF?!!!! :gah:

Apparently I should go hide any and all rubber bands? :surrender:

I've seen them @ CVS, next to the register.

Back