What's new

Thoughts on WiredGamer

faint

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Not the forums, the site! http://www.wiredgamer.com/ for those of you who didn't know :p

What do I think of the site? Greatest site ever, plain and simple -_-

I think it's incredible...I have never seen a videogame website look so good before. Like I said in my shout; kudos to the entire staff of WiredGamer. I agree with the reviews that were posted, and the overall site just looks incredible.

er... kudos? sounds like a warcraft 3 unit :)

For the most part it's awesome. The layout is one of the best I've ever seen. Once this site gets some serious meat on it it'll be awesome. My only realy complaint is that I don't think it's a very good idea to rate a system's overall anything as it does when you go to the Reviews or Previews sections. There are some points that the site brings up that I disagree with and could definitely argue against. The forums also need more members quick. I think the quickest way to get members would be to have contests. The Gamerfeed forums were up for about a month and had about 300 members and when they opened up their Ikaruga Haiku contest that number doubled in a just a few days.

Originally posted by faint
Greatest site ever, plain and simple -_-
It certainly has the potential to be the greatest and biggest gaming site ever, that's for sure. Like I've said, the site looks great. WiredGamer has the nicest design I have ever layed my eyes on. I look forward to seeing the site grow...it's going to be sweet. ;)

Originally posted by Raw64life
There are some points that the site brings up I disagree with and could definitely argue over.

Well, that's what the comments section would be for. ;)

raw, why are you in such a hurry to get a lot of members?

Well, the forums are kind of inactive (which is understandable), I would like to see more active members as well. Things would be a little bit more fun, ya know?

I don't know. There's just something about overcrowed forums. TXB for example is atrociously slow. It's a wonder to me how people stand posting there...

I don't want them to be overcrowded, either. That takes all of the fun out of it, in my opinion. More members would be nice at this point, that's all. ;)

Originally posted by ziroi

Well, that's what the comments section would be for. ;)

Yea I'm getting to it ;p

Originally posted by GINA
raw, why are you in such a hurry to get a lot of members?

I certainly don't want the boards to be flooded with people, but if you've noticed the memberlist recently this site is getting an average of 1 new member a day. At this rate we'll have a 1000 members by 2006.

Originally posted by Attrox
Well, the forums are kind of inactive (which is understandable), I would like to see more active members as well. Things would be a little bit more fun, ya know?

Attrox has the right idea.

Yeah, we may lose some members in the process, but there are users who will come into WG, and sign up, and post. :)

i understand. if you look at the largest number of people that were on the boards, we're over 40, and that was literally right after the site opened. i'm excited to see the traffic we'll be getting :)

The forum launched roughly a week ago. 99.9% of forums launched these days don't even come close to this amount of posts and members so all in all we're doing quite fine I'd say.

Whoa, the community is that young? Then yeah, I agree, the forums are doing great so far. Nearly 3,000 posts, and 150 members in one week is outstanding. :) I thought the boards had been around a few weeks longer then that.

Ok, Im not sure I like the main site... It's nice and all, but it just doesn't seem like its got anything special. Nothing thats like really apparent and "Hey, I've never seen that before" kinda dealy...
You guys at WG gonna be those kinda people who review games and get systems/games for free cause of it? Just curious...
How about press kits, Im sure you got those already... heh, even me with my old site had those :p

EDIT: Hmm, looked around more and I really like the design, everything is very well placed... And just curious MrLister. How much of the main site is in PHP? Example being...
http://media.wiredgamer.com/page.php?reviewid=10
"Total Screens: 0 | Wallpapers: 0 | Concept Art: 0 | Movies: 0"
Would the total numbers be in PHP and other things like that?

This site looks nice. Its just the sidebar looks out of place because it looks like its from IGN. Another thing I have a problem with is that on the side bar there is no link to the Forum. YOu might as well put one there, seriously. Its better than having to look up the the black bar up top.

About the black bar its ugly, I would think you would at least let it match the color scheme of the site. I would suggest you liven it up, because its pretty plain.

Also, I suggest you have a tiny Xbox, GCN, or PS2 symbol by the news in the front page, so people will now for what system the news is for. Another thing is on each console specific page, but a picture of the console on there or at least the console''s symbol or make a color scheme for that page, because I went to the Xbox console thread and I didnt know I had left the main page because they look identical, and please remove that **** newspaper, an Xbox or GCN or PS2 should go there.

Please dont take my comments the wrong way, but I just want the site to be the best.

Back