What's new

Tornado warnings, watches, and one spotted!

jonnysmomma

Hurray! My **** always needs something tasty to e
PF Member
Reaction score
One spotted about 15 miles north of my town, headed east. Ahh, I love spring/summer. Under a tornado warning until 11.

Our weather radio has been going off for the past few hours with all the warnings. One of the best investments/gifts hubs ever gave me. I am terrified of tornadoes and having a radio has really put me at ease.

From what I can tell, all of the storms seem to be S of I80.

Our weather radio has been going off for the past few hours with all the warnings. One of the best investments/gifts hubs ever gave me. I am terrified of tornadoes and having a radio has really put me at ease.

From what I can tell, all of the storms seem to be S of I80.

That's were I'm at. Just wating for the power to go out. It's pouring now.

Holy ****! Just got home about 30 mins ago from peotone. Drove thru that nasty **** storm! Scared. My parents are in peotone near manteno. We drove right near the one that touched down in Dwight. Sirens were going off near channahon. All good now...getting out of basement and going back upstairs. Whew!

Ok I think we made it, now just hoping the power stays on. I hate storms.

Yep. All good. Knocking on wood....we usually don't lose our power in my neighborhood

In my neighborhood all you have to do is breathe for the power to go out-though it has gotten (knock on wood) alot better since they fixed the connector on the lines behind my house!

Kids just came down freaking out....who knew tornado warnings even came across Disney channel LOL I'm in Indiana and they are noting one near Hebron heading east toward Kouts (which is like 20 miles south of me-guessing cause I suck at distances, LOL)

Storm passed right over, a few sprinkles.... I'm a little disappointed, I like a good storm LOL

Not here.....I'm in Porter county, In our sirens just went off-no real bad rain yet though just a shower

Just got word from a friend camping down in the Kankakee area that everything is destroyed. Waiting for clarification on that.

CONIFRMED.... Tornado ripped through their area, alot destroyed....

One spotted about 15 miles north of my town, headed east. Ahh, I love spring/summer. Under a tornado warning until 11.

Nothing here, but Maquoketa got hit...

5 points for pronouncing that town's name without Googling... :)

Just got word from a friend camping down in the Kankakee area that everything is destroyed. Waiting for clarification on that.

CONIFRMED.... Tornado ripped through their area, alot destroyed....

It really didn't hit Kankakee proper. Most of the damage was south of town and in St. Anne, which is a smaller town about 15 mins. SE of Kankakee. They were originally saying it could cross 57 several miles north of where it did, which would have meant much more extensive damage.

Wow! Streator got hit! Isn't that where maree is from?

Watching news. I hate seeing the destruction. Dwight is bad too. Having my daughter text her friend who just moved from here Dwight.

Wow! Streator got hit! Isn't that where maree is from?

Watching news. I hate seeing the destruction. Dwight is bad too. Having my daughter text her friend who just moved from here Dwight.

Oh no!!!!!

My dd won't let me watch the news (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on)..........but when our town got it with a tornado last August the siteseers were horrible and the news lead them right to us!!!! :ranting:

Back