What's new

Travel Goals

Varlot

Retired Staff
PF Member
Reaction score
If you could pick any place in the world, where would you like to travel?

For me it's North Korea. Me and a couple of friends are planning on going there this summer.

There are a lot of countries I'd like to visit outside my own, along with places within my country. I have a goal to visit my friend in South Dakota and maybe at that point manage to visit my boyfriend in Wisconsin too. But if I could leave the country, I'd definitely like to visit Japan, Norway, Israel and Italy.

I also have future plans in a number of years [probably a decade XD] to go to Wales with my friend, who goes every 15 years or so to visit family. She promised to take me next time.

Juneberry said:
There are a lot of countries I'd like to visit outside my own, along with places within my country. I have a goal to visit my friend in South Dakota and maybe at that point manage to visit my boyfriend in Wisconsin too. But if I could leave the country, I'd definitely like to visit Japan, Norway, Israel and Italy.

I also have future plans in a number of years [probably a decade XD] to go to Wales with my friend, who goes every 15 years or so to visit family. She promised to take me next time.

I've been to Israel and Italy, and I live in Norway, so haha!

How is Norway? I'm jealous since you've been to so many places. I live in the USA and haven't even been to our neighbor countries like Mexico or Canada.

I have relatives in Israel, so that's the main reason I want to go. I want to see my cousin's baby in person.

Juneberry said:
How is Norway? I'm jealous since you've been to so many places. I live in the USA and haven't even been to our neighbor countries like Mexico or Canada.

I have relatives in Israel, so that's the main reason I want to go. I want to see my cousin's baby in person.

I've been to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Latvia, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK, Portugal, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Turkey, Greece, Tunisia, Israel, Palestine and the US, and going to Morocco on the 30th of January. It's kind of piling up, but when you live in Europe it's such a small distance from border to border that visiting a lot of countries is kind of easy.

And that depends on where in Norway you are. The west-coast (where I live) is rainy, windy, and the temperature most of the year lies on 60 degrees. The east coast got a snowy winter and a hot (75 degrees-ish) and sunny summer, and there's almost no wind. The north is just cold and dark, but that's where people go to see the northern light. The cities all over Norway are small, but cozy. Low crime rate (you can go through a city with hundreds of dollars in your hand without risking robbery or something like that), things are expensive (the Norwegian Krone has dropped because of the oil price going down though, so it's probably cheaper to visit now) and everyone speaks English.

I've heard Europe makes it easy to visit multiple countries. I'm only a few hours away by car from Canada, but I'd need to get my passport figured out too. Should do that anyway, but...Oh well. Norway sounds nice. Are you using Celsius or Fahrenheit for the degrees though? Because to me, 75 is pretty nice.

Juneberry said:
I've heard Europe makes it easy to visit multiple countries. I'm only a few hours away by car from Canada, but I'd need to get my passport figured out too. Should do that anyway, but...Oh well. Norway sounds nice. Are you using Celsius or Fahrenheit for the degrees though? Because to me, 75 is pretty nice.

I converted the degrees to Fahrenheit. 100 degrees celcius is the boiling temperature for water, and 0 is the freezing temperature. 75 degrees celcius would be hell. 

That's another thing that makes it easy to travel in Europe, most European countries got an agreement that makes passage through countries easy. Once you're inside Europe you don't need to show your passport when crossing the border to another European country. There are certain exceptions right now though. Because of the refugee crisis, certain countries has started to check passports by the borders.

Ah, here even if it's a border you have to show your passport. No more going to Canada without one.
And okay, then it sounds nice to me. That's the kind of temperature I like. Better than the 90 degree weather we got last summer.

Juneberry said:
Ah, here even if it's a border you have to show your passport. No more going to Canada without one.
And okay, then it sounds nice to me. That's the kind of temperature I like. Better than the 90 degree weather we got last summer.

That's too hot for my taste as well. 70 is ideal.

Back