What's new

Travel Log

Ash

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Have you been somewhere awesome recently? Planning to go to another country soon?

Share your travels with us:)

I've been going back and forth between San Francisco and Los Angeles quite a few times these past few months, and I'm really starting to feel sick of all this moving. Then I'm headed for Mexico in March for a week, so I must prepare for intense heat waves. :silly:

I went to new york a few years ago, a pretty good trip but one small thing that I got their sick and had a cold most of the trip.

I haven't gone on a work trip in way too long. I'll probably go to Dallas in April, though that's not set in stone at all. I'll probably go on a bunch this summer though.

Went to Morocco in January/February! It was a very liberal country, where people in burka and mini skirts went side by side without any issue. In the more traditional districts and neighborhoods like the old markets, there was a overrepresentation of conservatively clothed people, while the malls looked as western as you get it here at home - both the architecture and people.

img_0715.jpg

Waiter pouring traditional Moroccan green mint-tea.

upload_2016-3-9_1-0-8.png

Me unhappily posing in Meknes, a large Moroccan city.

dsc_0064.jpg

There were a lot of street merchants like this one all over the country.

img_0896.jpg

Arab architecture. Studying the architecture wasn't the most interesting part of the trip.

dscf2546.jpg

Sitting on the Marrakesh Express.

@Tagobs

Heh heh, do you know what a smile is? :D

Though in all seriousness, those pictures look exactly like Mexico, minus the language in the second one. Seems like an interesting place, but not sure if that country is in my top ten to visit one day. Anything that was super exciting about the trip?

@Tagobs

Heh heh, do you know what a smile is? :D

Though in all seriousness, those pictures look exactly like Mexico, minus the language in the second one. Seems like an interesting place, but not sure if that country is in my top ten to visit one day. Anything that was super exciting about the trip?
For me it was being able to speak Arabic with people, and actually communicating.

Morocco itself is really interesting because it's a clash between Western and Arab culture.

For me it was being able to speak Arabic with people, and actually communicating.

Morocco itself is really interesting because it's a clash between Western and Arab culture.
Excuse me for my repetition, but sounds like Mexico, looks like Mexico, and I bet it tastes like Mexico. But, it's Morocco!

In my opinion, that resemblance makes Morocco an even more interesting place.

Excuse me for my repetition, but sounds like Mexico, looks like Mexico, and I bet it tastes like Mexico. But, it's Morocco!

In my opinion, that resemblance makes Morocco an even more interesting place.
There isn't that much Arab culture in Mexico though, and I promise you the taste is completely different!

There isn't that much Arab culture in Mexico though, and I promise you the taste is completely different!
I guess you're quite right. Have you considered visiting Mexico before (if you haven't already)?

Back