What's new

Twilight

Clars

You don't have to pay full price to dispose of pro
PF Member
Reaction score
I am starting a new thread so as not to totally hijack Fiya's thread.

I have to say I enjoyed the books. Yeah, the last one took a left turn and was a little weird. My DH is now making fun of me, but it was a good read. A little angsty but good.

SEE?!?! Now you can stop making fun of me. :)

I like how she developed some of the characters, and I loved how Bella's story all came full circle at the end. She's not the best writer in the world, but all in all they are a decent story.

She's a great writer! Don't forget these are books GEARED toward the teenage crowd... have you read some of that crap?? After reading the Twilight series I moved onto another teenage vampire based series... now that chick was a bad writer....

SEE?!?! Now you can stop making fun of me. :)

I like how she developed some of the characters, and I loved how Bella's story all came full circle at the end. She's not the best writer in the world, but all in all they are a decent story.

I will never stop making fun of you. It's how I show I care.

I'M HARPO!

She's a great writer! Don't forget these are books GEARED toward the teenage crowd... have you read some of that crap?? After reading the Twilight series I moved onto another teenage vampire based series... now that chick was a bad writer....

I wouldn't go that far. I think she is a good writer but not great. I do find it funny that Stephen King said she was a crap writer when he hasn't really written anything great since he stopped doing coke.

I am totally obsessed at the moment...on my 3rd time reading the books, and counting the days til Eclipse comes out (hoping there is more Carlisle in it.) I think my DD regrets turning me on to the books.

I am totally obsessed at the moment...on my 3rd time reading the books, and counting the days til Eclipse comes out (hoping there is more Carlisle in it.) I think my DD regrets turning me on to the books.

So you are on team "Hot Doctor Dad" with me?

I may read them through again. I hope I can get the house stuff settled in time to take a quick trip to see a movie in MD.

I may read them through again. I hope I can get the house stuff settled in time to take a quick trip to see a movie in MD.

TOTALLY!!! He made Edward the man he is, in more than one way.

And then you can bring me my books back, LOL!

I told Moose that Auntie Chris might come to visit us, he was SO excited. Then he said "and Andoo?" and was bummed when I told him no Andoo. :(

And then you can bring me my books back, LOL!

I told Moose that Auntie Chris might come to visit us, he was SO excited. Then he said "and Andoo?" and was bummed when I told him no Andoo. :(

Well, we will have to see. I would feel bad leaving Justin with both of them and he travels pretty well. Can Tim handle them both for a night?

Well, we will have to see. I would feel bad leaving Justin with both of them and he travels pretty well. Can Tim handle them both for a night?

Totally. We'd love to have you both! Hell, bring my favorite redheaded babygirl too, LOL! And Justin! Road trip!!! :)

Totally. We'd love to have you both! Hell, bring my favorite redheaded babygirl too, LOL! And Justin! Road trip!!! :)

Not sure if it is in the cards financially to bring everyone since apparently we are buying a house!

I just saw that!!!! I am so excited for you! And I LOVE the house. Maybe I need to come see you so I can help you. :)

I kinda owe ya one.

I just saw the movies for the first time this past month (the week of Easter) and enjoyed them, surprisingly. Do you think it is worth reading the books even after seeing the movie? (I also googled happened in the other books)...

I just saw the movies for the first time this past month (the week of Easter) and enjoyed them, surprisingly. Do you think it is worth reading the books even after seeing the movie? (I also googled happened in the other books)...

Yes. I saw the movies and just read the books.

I just saw that!!!! I am so excited for you! And I LOVE the house. Maybe I need to come see you so I can help you. :)

I kinda owe ya one.

We would love to have you. You owe me nothing, that is just how it works with friends.

Count me in as on the "Hot Doctor Dad" team too!

Absolutly read the books... they are better then the movies! Most books are IMO.... very good and addicting read!

So apparently I was wrong in the sleeping bag scene...

Jacob is only shirtless.....not naked which is what I swore I read the first time....

YES, read the books! I wouldn't even call myself a Twilight "fan", I was just curious what all the buzz was about. So I picked up the first book and was throughly put off but then I felt committed to the series so I ended up buying and reading the rest. And then by the end, I ended up really enjoying the whole storyline. It is angsty, very angsty. But it's still really good. It's just a good story about finding your inner strength and where you belong in the world.

Back