What's new

Voltage problems?

nootch

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just put together a new system in an Enlight 7237 with 250watt PS. I'm running an overclocked P3 650 running at 910 with no problems.

Here's the problem.... everything was running fine until I popped my new Hercules 3D Prophet II MX card in to replace the ATI 8MB card. Ever since, the Asus PC Probe software keeps reporting that my +12v drops to +8.4v, -12v jumps to -8.8, +5v drops to +3.7v, -5v jumps to -3.3 and +3.3v drops to +2.2v. These don't all change at once, just randomly, but as often as every 2 minutes and as long as 20 mins apart for the +12v. The thing is, I don't think I've put too much of a load on the power supply. Here's the system:

Asus CUBX mobo clocked to 140FSB
P3 650 FC-PGA running at 910MHz
128MB PC133 CL2 Crucial RAM
Maxtor 30GB 7200 RPM HD
1.44 Floppy
Hercules 3D Prophet II MX (GeForce2 MX card)
Sound Blaster Live! Value
Adaptec 2930C SCSI adapter
D-Link NIC

What's my problem?

----------------------------
"Should I call you Logan, WeaponX?"

It doesn't look like you should have any load problems on the PS.
Is the system still running stable? Other than what Asus Probe is reporting, are you noticing any problems at all?
Have you compared the reports from Asus Probe with what is being reported in the BIOS? It's possible that Asus Probe is just reporting incorrectly.

If you're not noticing it affecting the system otherwise, I really wouldn't worry about it.

----------------------------
On an long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero.

Back