What's new

War on Terror

G

do you think we are or should be rightfully over there, or is it a waste of time like the drug war?

personally, i think it is a waste of time and it has gone on long enough. Especially since the economy is so bad right now, why spend millions of dollars on something so...dangerous and unhelpful in many ways.

The war on terror varies on what you deem as terror.

i dunno... i mean, it wasn't really well thought out, us going over in the first place. i mean, america was pissed after 9/11 and had to beat the crap out of someone, and saddam hussein was a convenient candidate.
i think the real issue is america's self-appointed role as world police. i mean, should we just be isolationist, and let everyone else sort out their problems? they hate us anyway. or, since we are so powerful, do we have an obligation to butt in?

i dunno... i mean, it wasn't really well thought out, us going over in the first place. i mean, america was pissed after 9/11 and had to beat the crap out of someone, and saddam hussein was a convenient candidate.
i think the real issue is america's self-appointed role as world police. i mean, should we just be isolationist, and let everyone else sort out their problems? they hate us anyway. or, since we are so powerful, do we have an obligation to butt in?

This.

War on terror should continue. Otherwise, the terror will grow in intensity and spread like a wild fire. The war on terror seems to be inevitable in the present political dispensation. It can only end when good sense prevails about the futility of terrorism as a means to achieve certain ends. Let us pray "Let good sense prevail".

Back