What's new

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

jokerswild

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have a fun idea... or atleast I think it sounds fun.... the guys over at ODJT being the smart asses they are suggested that if we haven't killed each other yet. :rolleyespill:
http://www.ourdjtalk.com/showpost.php?p=433279&postcount=9

I think we should do it!

So, here's the plan if you're game email me an mp3 of you singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" vocals only no backing track.

Now for the sake of timeing lets all use Sound Choices SC7020 Reminising Series as a basis for your vocals. If you don't have this track maybe we could talk Kurt into loaning us a copy.

Now when you record, record only your vocals and no music.

I will then take our individual tracks and put them together with the backing music and make a video out of it all... so also include a picture of your self with your mp3

My email is rob at totalimpactdjs dot com

Um......no

Um no what... you don't like the choice for music or no you don't want to lend your vocals?

I'm not using the graphics in the production if that's what worries you.... use chartbuster if that makes you feel better but, if the tempo is different with what ever manu you use it will make the final production off....

I'll find a way to make it work.....we will miss you joe...please rethink...maybe we can reach a compromize:biggrinpill:

Um no what... you don't like the choice for music or no you don't want to lend your vocals?

I'm not using the graphics in the production if that's what worries you.... use chartbuster if that makes you feel better but, if the tempo is different with what ever manu you use it will make the final production off....

Oops, sorry- I guess it could have been read either way. Apologies..

I will try and figure out how to send you vocals/with music, but I don't have or want the SC version. I would be using DK, or would have to wing it a capella....:winkpill:

JoeChartreuse said:
Oops, sorry- I guess it could have been read either way. Apologies..

I will try and figure out how to send you vocals/with music, but I don't have or want the SC version. I would be using DK, or would have to wing it a capella....:winkpill:

Ya the only version I have that doesn't include the lead track is the SC version.... I don't own any DK tracks.

The way I will track my vocals is by having the output of the music to a set of headphones and utilize another sound card to take my raw un-effected vocals to a single track on my pc.....

Then I will take everyone's submissions and slice and dice if I have to to make them harmonize and then I will add the appropriate effects.... so I do need the vocals as raw as possible. ie no effects added.

Here are the lyrics if you want to try and wing it without backing music

We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer

We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some, so bring some out here

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The way I will track my vocals is by having the output of the music to a set of headphones and utilize another sound card to take my raw un-effected vocals to a single track on my pc.....

If your board has an EFX2 send, just use that for the mic only. It's a mono signal anyway.

Back