What's new

Weightlifting - Powerlifting or Bodybuilding anyone?

iGreek

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Anyone here lift weights? Maybe powerlifting or bodybuilding, or just to stay in shape?

I'm 19 now and I've been lifting since 16. I love lifting and go 5x a week to the gym, but I more a fan of bodybuilding than powerlifting, so I lift for aesthetics mostly. Don't get me wrong, I love making new personal records too!

Anyone else lift?

Yeah, I lift weights. I would consider myself more geared towards a Powerlifter. I usually use low reps (1-5) and don't stray much above that. Lower reps are more efficient for getting stronger while medium to higher reps are better for building muscle. You will build muscle with both styles of lifting weights but the Powerlifter will be much stronger while the Bodybuilder will possibly look better and have larger muscles. Low reps strengthen the CNS and don't strain the muscle as much as medium reps do. That's the idea behind it all.

Lifting for the past couple years. I love the feeling of hitting a new PR. Also love seeing the changes in my body each month/months/year

Used to focus more on bodybuilding, but now taking it from a powerlifting perspective

I lift weights at least 3 times a week. I used to do it 6 days a week till few months back but nowadays I have toned it down. I am not a big fan of Powerlifting, I don't find it beneficial enough so I don't do it.

I have been weight training for 5 years. My philosophy on training has evolved over the years. I use a full body routine 3 x per week. I use the big compound movements, I do not use many isolation exercises, I keep it simple with the best exercises for building muscle and strength.

I use to lift weights was a good time experience, I built a lot of muscle, will start soon again.

I recently got into bodybuilding, I am still young so I don't have any good achievements yet, but I love doing it.
My motivation is Zyzz, he was an amazing bodybuilder/person, and he keeps me going there every time!

Back