What's new

What are your kids favorite Wii games?

blonditz

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
My kids just got the Wii for Christmas. Now trying to weed though the list of games ds wants for his b-day. I know he's getting Skylanders from us. He'll probably get a few more games from Grandma, his godfather, ect since it seems that's all he's asking for. So what are your kids favorites? Any that actually get them up and moving? I saw this on Amazon, and would love something similar but more age appropriate for ds. He's turning 8.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

My 9 yo got Skylanders for Christmas. I would go ahead and get at least one extra character because he is gonna want more. He also loves Sonic games and last year he got Kirby's epic yarn for Christmas that he liked a lot (I think he's past it now though).

ANIMAL CROSSING, so addictive. and harvest moon.

My 9 yo got Skylanders for Christmas. I would go ahead and get at least one extra character because he is gonna want more. He also loves Sonic games and last year he got Kirby's epic yarn for Christmas that he liked a lot (I think he's past it now though).

One of the ones he wants is Mario Sonic 2012 Olympics. He got it from the library and loved it. Good to know your boys still like Sonic, since they're just a little older than my ds.

Jonny is 7, and his favorite Wii games, hands down, are Super Mario Bros for Wii and MarioKart! We also have Super Mario Bros Galaxy, Cars Race-O-Rama, Wii Sports, Wii Resort, Just Dance 2 and M&M's Racing. I have my Zumba 2, and he wants to try it LOL

All games get played, but SMB and MarioKart are played most.

Super Marios Brothers for sure....and all of the Lego ones...Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Pirates of the Carribean.....and my guys love the Pokemon ones too.

Jonny is 7, and his favorite Wii games, hands down, are Super Mario Bros for Wii and MarioKart! We also have Super Mario Bros Galaxy, Cars Race-O-Rama, Wii Sports, Wii Resort, Just Dance 2 and M&M's Racing. I have my Zumba 2, and he wants to try it LOL

All games get played, but SMB and MarioKart are played most.

I was hoping you would chime in. It was your post about Zumba in the other thread that got me thinking. We have Mario Kart and one of the kids dance ones. I'm going to go check out some of the other ones you mentioned.

Super Marios Brothers for sure....and all of the Lego ones...Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Pirates of the Carribean.....and my guys love the Pokemon ones too.

How old are your boys again? I'm thinking pretty close to my ds, right?

It changes daily!! We must have 50 games and just when I'm ready to get rid of one cause I think they have out grown it....they start playing it again!
They really like Wii Sports Resort, Cooking Mama, Wipeout, Just Dance and Boomblox. Ds also has Batman and Starwars lego games and dd has a fashion game she likes! All the others kinda come and go as I said!

That's another one that's on his list. I was worried it would be cheesy.

They laugh & goof so much while they are playing it! Honestly, I think it is the only one they are still playing out of the few they got for Christmas!

I've never heard of either of those. :dunce:
older games , animal crossing is really cute and just fun to do. not really a boy type game. when my son was younger we lived on the couch playing spyro and the original jack n daxter. he has sensory disorders and frustration/anger issues. he was a very moody and sensitive boy.he was a slow to verbalize lil boy. he got so frustrated when he was very young that he would just cry and try to beat his head on the floor. it turns out that he was so frustrated that he could not verbalize and communicate his need because he was not yet talking. (funny thing is, that when he slept he could speak in complete, understandable sentences, he was 18 months old) mother and son game playing together actually cured him of all his issues and disorders. he learned patience and perseverance through game playing. it was really sweet and great! if there was a level or task that i could not master or achieve he had the skills to get us ahead and progress and i had the skills ans determination to move him ahead on the levels he got stuck on. we were an awesome team. i remember those pre school years ever so fondly and am grateful about how things worked out.

It changes daily!! We must have 50 games and just when I'm ready to get rid of one cause I think they have out grown it....they start playing it again!
They really like Wii Sports Resort, Cooking Mama, Wipeout, Just Dance and Boomblox. Ds also has Batman and Starwars lego games and dd has a fashion game she likes! All the others kinda come and go as I said!

Which dance one? There are like 10 different ones. We have Just Dance Kids 2. The girls really like it, but ds not so much.

Which dance one? There are like 10 different ones. We have Just Dance Kids 2. The girls really like it, but ds not so much.
We have the original Just Dance that you can get super cheap now and dd got Just Dance 3 for Christmas which has more current songs.
Ds plays it more when there are other kids over but dd plays it by herself!

i also have the beatles rock band but not one peripheral. and mama mia, i like it. i wish i could find a rockband complete setup for super cheap, any hints

Before buying check to see if your library has wii games, we usually will check out games from the library to see if we like them before buying them.

Back