What's new
  • Support Peak Forum!
    Vote for us in the Site Battle Madness contest.
    Round 4 Vote PF

What book are you reading right now?

Night

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
Currently I'm working on Hamlet for school. I like quite a few of Shakespeare's plays, and this one's good so far! :3

Don't know the exact name in english but the dutch version is Vuurland by Chris Ryan. I guess it's something like fire land in english :p. It's a novel about the SaS in the falkland war.

Book before this one was the autobiography by Andy mcNab about his carreer in the SaS and the battle against the IRA.

I love to read, so I tend to do it a lot (and pretty quickly). I'm currently reading Zoo City by Lauren Beukes. It's a sci-fi/urban fantasy book, and it takes place in a futuristic South Africa. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in those genres.

Gonna start on Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bront? sometime in the next few days. :eek:

I've studied it in English Lang/Lit for a year now and I can tell you no amount of work on it can make me hate the book.
Things to look out for which are fun to spot;
Notice her portrayal of the mother role
Look out for the moon and what it usually means or leads to
Gender roles/Victorian values
Madness/insanity opposed to proper angelic people

It's so good honestly :p let me know when you've read it and I can totally chat to you about it :p

I've just read the first chapter of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. Good so far :)

I'm currently reading The Mark of Athena. It's part of the second series of Percy Jackson. I like the writing style of the author, quite detailed and organized. I also like the characters in the book, they are like a normal teenager in spite of being demigod or any magical creature. It's a highly recommended book if someone enjoys reading Greek and Roman mythology.

I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. It's really really good! John Green has a very unique writing style. It's like the book just sucks you in. Although the romance is different from other books, this book is definitely something!

I haven't picked it up in some time, but the last book I was reading is The Splintered Kingdom, 1066: The Bloody Aftermath by James Aitcheson. Very interesting series of novels, reminds me slightly of the Elenium trilogy by David Eddings.

I just finished a short manga called Amigara Danso no Kai, which translates to The Enigma of Amigara Fault (Amigara means "empty shell"). A really brilliant horror story, but not conventional horror in the sense of ghosts and such. But rather, it plays on a claustrophobic theme, with some supernatural undertones. Definitely recommended to anyone who likes horror/manga.

just started The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls at work today and i'm already almost half done. i really really like it.

I'm currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. It's really really good! John Green has a very unique writing style. It's like the book just sucks you in. Although the romance is different from other books, this book is definitely something!

DFTBA!

I'm on a bit of a gruesome kick right now. As such, I'm reading Death By A Thousand Cuts by Timothy Brook, Gregory Blue and Jerome Bourgon. It's a historical investigation/informative book about the ancient Chinese torture method of Leng T'che, which as you may gather from the title of the book, revolves around cutting the victim countless times, keeping them just the tiniest hairs breadth away from death.

Nothing currently. I just read The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. I eagerly awaited this book to come out for almost a year and I was disappointed in it. It was readable, but not memorable.

Back