What's new

What Booster Seat Do You Have For Your Child?

atm123

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
DS threw up in his car seat this morning and since he is ready to move from a convertible car seat into a booster it makes sense just to throw the old one away and purchase a new booster.

I currently have a Britax Marathon convertible car seat in my car which I absolutely love. DH has a Britax Frontier in his car which is just okay IMO.

I was thinking that we should go with a high backed booster with the option to remove the back. I don't know if I am totally on point, but here is my reasoning--DS is 4 and I think the back adds safety, but as he gets older having the back may not be as "cool" so I would like the option to remove the back.

I am open to any suggestions as there are so many brands out there. Currently the top runner is the Britax SGL, but only because I have only used the Britax brand in the past and don't know much about the other brands.

Thanks so much!

We moved DS5 from the Britax Marathon to the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 when he was 4. He is still harnessed, but it goes from harnessed to high-back-booster to low-back booster. I got mine on sale at Toys R Us for about $110.

Don't toss your Marathon, TRU is doing a trade-in event and you can use it to get 25 percent off. http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706 Ends on the 10th. That makes the Nautilus about $112.

we have the britax frontier too. I have a 5 and a 2 year old. I like it, I just find it annoying trying to fish out the buckle from under my kids bottom to fasten the belts!

I'll second the Graco Nautliclus. My 6 year old twins have them and love them! Makes things so much easier because they can buckle themselves. They can't buckle themselves in boosters, which they have in Grandmas's car.

I don't think I'd worry to much about his seat turning into a backless booster at this point. Just get the one you like. That's a LONG time away, plus backless boosters are so cheap. My ds will be 9 in a couple weeks and still rides in a high back booster. No complaints! He's got a backless in Grandma's car but says it's not as comfortable. He's got a Sunshine kids (now Diono) Monterrey. It's one of the taller boosters, so he's still got a little room to grow, even at 9. Then it turns into a backless.

Just look at the overall height of the booster and maybe let ds sit in a few to see what he likes.

Oh, and at 4 he defiantly needs a back now!

I am also thinking that he needs a 5 point harness too, which the Nautilus would provide. The neighbor kid who is just turned 4 has been in a backless booster since we moved in last May. I've wanted to say something to her, but don't want to cause trouble so haven't said anything.

My son's best friend has been in a backless booster since he turned 4 as well. His mother claimed that no harnesses fit over his chest. Completely ridiculous. The kid was a little big for his age, but not that big. Granted, the same mom had her son using one of those old-style seats with the overhead bar that came down. Seat was from her older son, who was 5 years older.

The Graco Nautilus' Harness is rated up to 65 pounds so you may have some time before you need to switch to a seatbelt with the booster.

My DD has been buckling herself since age 5. She is almost 8 now and we used the Graco one with the back and now is backless(detachable).

I am going with the Nautilus as well. I had DD sit in one today to check it out. She has a Marathon currently, which I like although she cannot buckle herself and I can barely buckle her....so that makes it tough. I am hoping the Nautilus will be easier for me to buckle. Or maybe our new DD (who is almost 9) will get the hang of it fast!

Lex buckles himself in. I listen for the clicks, but I also have him count the "buckles".

He's really good about doing it.

Beginning to think my 5 year old is lazy, since he does not buckle himself into the harness and usually refuses to try.

As a parent who prioritizes safety and comfort for my child, choosing the right booster seat was a top priority for me. After careful research and consideration, I opted for the [Brand Name] Booster Seat for my little one.

What drew me to this booster seat was its impeccable safety features and reliable reputation. It's been rigorously tested to meet or exceed all safety standards, giving me peace of mind every time I buckle my child in.

Additionally, the Booster Seat offers exceptional comfort and convenience. Its adjustable design grows with my child, ensuring a secure and snug fit as they continue to grow. Plus, the plush padding and ergonomic design keep my little one comfortable, whether we're running errands or embarking on a road trip adventure.

Another standout feature of the Booster Seat is its user-friendly design. Installing and adjusting the seat is a breeze, thanks to intuitive features and clear instructions. Plus, the removable cover makes cleanup a snap – a must-have feature for busy parents like me!

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my choice of booster seat for my child. It provides the perfect balance of safety, comfort, and convenience, allowing me to focus on enjoying precious moments with my little one while knowing they're safe and secure on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back