What's new

What do you do when you get a new car?

Dan Hutter

aka Big Dan
PF Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I just got a new (to me) car. What's the first thing you do with when you get a used car?

I check all the fluids before driving it away and then check them religiously after every trip for a couple weeks to make sure nothing is leaking/burning.

Fill the gas tank up.

Clean the mofo until it looks like new. :D

Oil Change, State inspection, and while it's there have the mechanic give it a once over.

We got a 95 Cutless supreme, it's a pretty decent car. Dirty on the inside so I'm gonna have a go at it tomorrow I bought leather cleaner and Armor All. Then I'm gonna take it over to the car wash to vacuum and shampoo the carpets and give it a good wax job on the outside. And some new floor mats.

What do you do with your cars?

:( - I still don't have my drivers license! In October I will -

95 Cutless supreme is a pretty sick ride.

I really didn't have to do much when I got my last car. It was a preowned so all was well.

Thanks Kevin. Oldsmobiles have consistently surprised me with their luxury when compared to say a Chevy. I took her out for a nice run today and she ran great. I think we need new shocks in the back though and the brakes are a little funky but the W frame cars are known for brake problems. I've had two in the past (92 Regal and 94 Lumina)

Once I get her cleaned up she's going to be a nice ride! The stereo is freakin' kickin for an OEM setup. Then again GMs have always had nice stereos when compared to say Ford products.

Those years compared Olds were always nicer...hands down. I actually almost bought one now that I think about it. Convertible though. Which is why I didn't end up buying it. Didn't need it in Boston hahaha

Attachments

• 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 1.jpg
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 2.jpg
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 3.jpg
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 4.jpg
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 5.jpg
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme 5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 21
hell ya, nice job Dan

With our last purchase I don't think we did much other then drive it home..lol
We got it from a dealer, it was pretty clean to start with.

hell ya, nice job Dan

With our last purchase I don't think we did much other then drive it home..lol
We got it from a dealer, it was pretty clean to start with.

Thanks Brandon. Dealers are great like that as far as cleaning 'er all up but you pay for it in the end. :D Every car I've bought from a dealer I got burnt on. From a bad engine all the way down not removing the lein holder on the title after I paid off the loan. :(

I've had pretty good luck with private sellers though. Most are more negotiable than a dealer and will work out payment plan if you pay at least 3/4 up front. I definitely found them to be more honest then dealers but with any used car you have to have a mechanic check it out before you pay anything.

I have a '96 Cutlass four door sedan. It has 148,000 miles on it and runs like a top. The body is good yet. Very little rust. The GM 3.1 seems to run forever, at least in this case. My daughter drove it for 4 or 5 years and I've had it for 3 or 4.

Back