What's new

What is in the future for Mark Sanchez?

LionsFan92

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Jets' GM says that Sanchez needs to get better quickly. I'd say that's a sign that action will be taken should he not improve this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-get-better-faster?module=HP11_headline_stack

I never really thought he was a great quarterback. I was very hesitant to approve of him only after one great year at USC, and through the Jets making the playoffs, I noted that he only threw the ball about 10-20 times. And since the league is becoming a throwing league, they made him throw and it was seen that he cannot throw the ball that many times efficiently. What do you all think will happen to Sanchez?

The Jets need to sign a solid QB that will either A) Make Sanchez improve or B) Put Sanchez on the bench and make plays. Right now the Jets have no one to put Sanchez down a few pegs; he thinks he will never get benched because the next choice is a 40+ year old QB.

Look, the only future Sanchez is going to have is the bench if he doesn't get better. And like BareKnuckle said, he THINKS he can't get benched. Which is funny because I remember when Chad Pennington THOUGHT he couldn't be traded.

These quarterbacks need someone to push reality down their throats. Sanchez included

I don't really like Sanchez, I don't know why, I just don't like him. I wouldn't mind seeing him on his **** with a clipboard and a headset.

I don't really like Sanchez, I don't know why, I just don't like him. I wouldn't mind seeing him on his **** with a clipboard and a headset.

Maybe it's because he's a punk who threatened to punch head coach Rex Ryan in the face when he sat Sanchez on some plays during practice.

Maybe it's because he's a punk who threatened to punch head coach Rex Ryan in the face when he sat Sanchez on some plays during practice.

Link? I would love for that to be true and confirmed by a reputable source :D

Link? I would love for that to be true and confirmed by a reputable source :D

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. That kind of claim needs a link. If it's true however, then Sanchez is blatantly immature and doesn't need to be playing the game anyway.

I have not heard about him threatening his coach. I am unsure if that is true. I don't think the kid thinks he can't be traded or benched. He is probably afraid right now for his career and knows he needs to get better or else.

I think Sanchez will eventually be a backup. The Jets have been good because of their defense and despite their quarterback. I think he could be gone along with Rex Ryan if they don't have a more respectable year this season.

He did say he wanted to swing at Rex...it was all over ESPN but it blew off pretty quickly because Rex said in the afternoon media session he was happy Sanchez wanted to knock him out because it means he still has the fire and passion to be great.

I think that Sanchez isn't going to last and he might bring down Rex too. New York is tough to play in anyway, and you know that Jets fans aren't too happy to see Eli and the Giants win another Super Bowl.

So it looks like the story got twisted. Sanchez said he was mad enough to fight him, but he never picked a fight, tried to hit him, or threatened him or anything.

If anything, his teammates liked Mark more because of it.

"I wanted to fight him," Sanchez says in the current issue of GQ magazine, which features the Jets' star on the cover. "I was really mad."

The third-year quarterback refused to yield to Brunell in practice, according to the GQ article. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer tried to get Sanchez out of the huddle, reiterating that Ryan wanted Brunell to take reps.

Sanchez refused to budge.

"I was like, 'He can come tell me,'" Sanchez tells GQ. "And (Schottenheimer) is like, 'Come on, man, don't do that.'"

Said veteran guard Brandon Moore: "It was a tense moment ... To see him fight back and press back with that, it was good to see."

Sanchez reflected on the moment. He didn't apologize for his stubbornness; he attributed it to his competitiveness getting the best of him.

"I was really upset about that," he told ESPNNewYork.com. "That's a pride thing. Those are my reps and I take a lot of pride in playing. I knew I hadn't been playing well, but regardless, I was going to prove I was The Guy.

"(Brunell) told me after that, 'That's pretty cool. I never saw anybody do that. Pretty cool.'"

Brunell, 40, who has become a mentor to Sanchez, said he wasn't offended by Sanchez's behavior. Actually, he applauded it.

Sexy Rexy vs Pretty Boy Mark

So it looks like the story got twisted. Sanchez said he was mad enough to fight him, but he never picked a fight, tried to hit him, or threatened him or anything.

If anything, his teammates liked Mark more because of it.

Sexy Rexy vs Pretty Boy Mark

But to throw a fit over not receiving reps is purely childish. I mean, he was a second year quarterback. It's not like he had been the starter for years. He had lost two straight when the Jets were aiming for the playoffs, and I can't blame Rex Ryan for doing that.

I mean, he was a second year quarterback. It's not like he had been the starter for years.

That was his 3rd year, according to the article. I don't think it was because of experience either, it was because he was the starter, and the better QB, and he knew it.

But to throw a fit over not receiving reps is purely childish.

I don't know if we are in any place to say it's childish. And he didn't throw a fit, he basically was saying, if Rex wants him out of the huddle, Rex could come talk to him about it. He was the starter, he wanted the reps. I mean his own teammates said they respected him for doing that. I hate Sanchez, but this story doesn't contribute to that at all.

If Shwartz told Stafford to sit for Shaun Hill, would you really want Stafford to lay down and give up? Or would you want Stafford to put up a fight for his starting job, and then have Hill and Nate Burleson to say they really respected Stafford for that?

He had lost two straight when the Jets were aiming for the playoffs, and I can't blame Rex Ryan for doing that.

I'm not blaming Rex at all, I'm just not blaming Sanchez. There is nobody to blame, disagreements happen all the time in the NFL.

You kidding me? He will start until he performs so poorly that he is no longer worth starting. Simple as that. If the Jets think that there is a better option in the draft, then they will choose that QB.

You kidding me? He will start until he performs so poorly that he is no longer worth starting. Simple as that. If the Jets think that there is a better option in the draft, then they will choose that QB.

Mike Mayock said something similar. He said fans seem to think QB is some untouchable position. If a team can upgrade QB without blatantly ignoring a need, they will, or at least should, every time.

Mike Mayock said something similar. He said fans seem to think QB is some untouchable position. If a team can upgrade QB without blatantly ignoring a need, they will, or at least should, every time.

Agreed. And I think an upgrade to Sanchez won't be hard to find. Anyone who can get the ball to the receiver would be better in my opinion lol.

Agreed. And I think an upgrade to Sanchez won't be hard to find. Anyone who can get the ball to the receiver would be better in my opinion lol.

A blindfolded Stephen Hawking would be better.

Just kidding, but I don't like Sanchez, didn't like him coming out of USC either.

A blindfolded Stephen Hawking would be better.

Just kidding, but I don't like Sanchez, didn't like him coming out of USC either.

I'm not a big USC fan either. And to respond to your question about Stafford being benched for Shaun Hill, I'm not sure what he would do. But your coach is your mentor, and he knows what's best for the team. If he wanted Sanchez to think "hey, I might not be starter if I keep playing like this", he did it correctly. It shouldn't have triggered any sort of emotion besides determination to do better.

Back