What's new

What is your best way?

Ace

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What is your best way for getting traffic to your forum?

Mine is advertising my sie on promotion forums.

I advertise on promotion sites and i also use link referal aswell

Mine is advertising my site on promotion sites, especially forumpromotion.net.

Promote, Promote, Promote
<
On promotion sites such as FP, AH, here etc.

Other than promote, I make sure my site is plastered somewhere in my profile, on my signature, or through the content I type. Always make sure to find some sort of back-linking.

I try to promote as much as i can. Then i get on posting packages, exchanges, and being a post monster on my forum so people have a place to post. The best thing you can do is post your site on a promotion site, no matter how big, because you'll find the more you advertise the more members you get
<

I promote on many sites, but most of my members have come from forums where I have the link in my sig.

Like everyone here said, promote! And having a active site helps too.

A combination of advertising forums, posting on other forums, link backs, twitter and post exchanges.

Everything mentionned above ... Backlinks and promoting on other forums are great ways but , I also noticed that the more active you are on a site , the more the community gets to know you and the more they will come check out your forum.

It's a frustrating process sometimes. Some days you will have 3 ,4 , 5 members joinning and others zero. Just keep at it and promote!!!!

[quote name="McStormify"]Promote, Promote, Promote
<
On promotion sites such as FP, AH, here etc.[/quote]

Just curious, what is AH?

I think AH = Advertising Hotspot.

[quote name="ace"]What is your best way for getting traffic to your forum?

Mine is advertising my sie on promotion forums.[/quote]

- Put your site on all Top Sites you can. It may not draw much traffic, but some is always better than none.

- Advertise on all other promotion forums you can find. Again, same deal it may not bring a lot of traffic, but better than none.

- Submit your site to any and every search engine you can find.

- Do affiliate exchanges with other sites.

- Put your site link in your signature on all sites you are a member of.

- The most important one: Be patient. It maybe take a long time, but if you are patient and don't give up, you will do fine.

[quote name="StevenF50"]Forums.[/quote]

Could you be a bit more specific than an one-word reply?

Advertising everywhere I can. Although most of my members already knew me from another forum, and I either invited them in the chat or they saw the link in my signature. Exchanges don't really work in my opininion if you want them to be active. Unless your doing an active for active exchange. But it helps if you just want to get the member count up.

like others have said promotion sites and post everywhere i can with links in my sig.

The best way, well I don't have much of an answer to that, simply go on a lot of promotion forums, submit your site to many search engines, tell your friends and have them tell their friends and so on. Not sure what else.

Back