What's new

What rewards cc do you use

tiffu22

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
For those that use credit cards for their rewards and then pay them off what do you use. I'm going to start this with our new budget.

<3 my Chase Freedom card. I stopped using discover....wasn't good deal for the amount I spend on it, which is almost always less than $1k/month

We pay all our bills with discover and it is way over 1k a month :lol:

<3 my Chase Freedom card. I stopped using discover....wasn't good deal for the amount I spend on it, which is almost always less than $1k/month

I have a Chase Freedom card too. There are bonus categories you can sign up for each quarter to earn higher rewards.

I recently had to call them to change the due date for their bill. I like to prepare all my bill pays at the beginning of each month. This was the only bill I had that was due around the 25th of the month. I ended up forgetting to pay it on time last month and there was a late fee plus interest on the statement. Since I'd never missed a payment in the past and always paid it in full they waived both fees and changed the due date. :hiphip:

Capital one. Some people hate them, but I don't know why. I rack up at least 3-4 $50 petsmart gcs a year.

DH and I charge a lot of money on both our Discover and Chase Freedom cards. We have been loyal Discover Cards for years but then switched over to Chase not too long ago.

I like the fact that Chase has higher limits on their quarterly 5 percent bonus categories. They give 5 percent back up to 1500 (usually) whereas Discover caps it at a measly 300 most of the time. I also don't like that with Discover, you have to spend 3,000 before you start getting a full 1 percent back and Chase offers that right off the bat.

But Discover Card has been good to DH and me since they send us invite-only offers where we spent X amount of money over X amount of months and then get bonus cash back money. In the past year, I've gotten a bonus 150.00 cash back and DH has gotten a bonus 250.00 cash back. I also had a very easy offer of spend 500 monthly over 3 months and get a bonus 50.00 too. These extra bonuses are on top of the regular 1 percent and 5 percent so when you factor all that in, they are paying us back anywhere from 3 to 6 percent back on everything we buy. Then redeem those for the partner gift cards (where you redeem 20 but get a 25 GC) and we are probably getting 8 to 10 percent back on everything we buy.

So I switch between Chase and Discover depending on who gives me the better deal at the time. We probably collect somewhere between 750 and 1000 in rewards every year. DH has his own Chase and Discover acct and I have my own Chase and Discover acct.

Also, I don't make it a habit to pay bills late but it does happen. If you charge a lot and pay your account in full and have a good payment history, they will waive late and interest fees every single time for you. And if they won't do it for you, speak to a supervisor and ask to close your account and they'll change their tune right away.

Citibank rewards card. I only cash in my points for the gift cards.
I have a citibank one. I have looked at the gc and they only give you a discount off is this what you have or is there something else.

I have the Amazon.com Visa Signature. I had enough points to pay for a $190 dehumidifer I bought on Amazon. Nice!

I use AMEX blue. I used Discover maybe a decade ago when they had better redemption gift cards. AMEX let's you borrow points in case you needed a gift card before earning the full amount.

We use both Chase and Discover. Chase has better sign up bonus. We have each signed up Chase freedom to earn $300 sign up bonus, Discover only $100 sign up bonus.

We use both Chase and Discover. Chase has better sign up bonus. We have each signed up Chase freedom to earn $300 sign up bonus, Discover only $100 sign up bonus.

I was so mad. I signed up for Chase Freedom when they were offering 100.00 bonus. They made me that offer several times so I finally signed up and DH did too. We made 200 bucks and were happy with that.

Two weeks later, they offered me 200.00 bonus with preapproved. And even though I've had my card for almost a year now, they just mailed me 300.00 bonus letter a few weeks ago. Should have waited ...

But I just got a new offer from PNC Bank for 150.00 and one from Disney for 200.00 GC so I'll probably close a couple old accounts and sign up for those and make 350.00.

I've been using Chase Freedom for two months, so far I'm impressed with how much we get back..We charge everything on it and pay it off every couple of days and we're up over $100 worth so far.

I've been using Chase Freedom for two months, so far I'm impressed with how much we get back..We charge everything on it and pay it off every couple of days and we're up over $100 worth so far.

Wow that's nice! Looks like I need to look into a rewards card..........our current one doesn't do much. :nopompom:

Wow that's nice! Looks like I need to look into a rewards card..........our current one doesn't do much. :nopompom:

We raked in at least $2000 from credit cards (sign up bonus, quarterly bonus, etc). Yup, don't pay a dime in interest or fee because we paid it off every month.

If your husband travels a lot, Chase currently has a Sapphire card with a yearly subcription fee that pays $500 bonus sign up after you charge $3000 in 3 months and 2x points for traveling, hotels etc.

Chase freedom all the way! We get about $650-$800 a year back, plus they have gift cards 20% off often. This year my goal is a minimum of $700 back. It helps so much, especially the 20% off kohls gift cards. If you have a bank account with chase you also get $.10 per swipe, works great on low oop purchases. I had a bunch of .07 purchases at jewel a while back, I made $.10 for spending $.07, it was awesome!,

Back