What's new

What's the biggest lie you've ever told?

lauren

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
...and how did it affect life?
Do you still keep up said lie?
Did someone find out or did you fess up?
Do you lie often?

My biggest lie was probably when I told my parents I met Kirk somewhere that I didn't at first. I got so upset and guilty over it though that after I met him and knew I wanted to stay with him, I told the truth and it felt so much better.
They're now okay with it despite being annoyed and worried at first.

I have been keeping up the lie with other family members, such as my grandparents mainly on my father's side, because they just wouldn't understand and I'd probably never hear the end of it. I would probably lose their trust and they'd also probably think my parents were awful for letting me continue to date Kirk, they already think I'm too young as it is.

As for lying in general. Sometimes I lie little white ones or I avoid the truth usually only if I'm trying to protect someone's feelings or if my parents simply do not need to know something.

What about you?

Not really the biggest, but the a lie that comes to mind is when I was a kid and I "ghosted" my friend's bike into the side of a car and scratched it. We ran off and I told my mum my friend did it, only for him to turn up at my door (he got caught) and tell us the bloke wanted to speak to me.

I never lie. I don't see the point in it to be honest. The truth WILL come out, it always does. Even if you say the lie enough and you start questioning if it was a lie or the truth.

I say things how they are, I tell people what I think of them etc etc.

the only time I will lie is if I'm playing poker as lying is part of the game. Other than that, I'm one of the most honest people you will meet/speak to

I guess the biggest lie I ever told was when I tell my loved ones and therapist(s) that I don't self harm. They still believe me and I have been keeping the lie up for 2 years.. I'm waiting for the right time.
No, I don't lie often. Just when I know my family wont understand.

I really haven't got a clue. I tend to be brutally honest when it comes to big or important things - whether not seen as important to me but are to someone else or not.

Back