What's new

Where I get my music.

JoeChartreuse

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
For years I generally got my discs from the brick and mortar store karaoke store nearby, and still buy many there. However, www.doowop.com has become my provider of choice these days.

I receive discs - usually within 2 days of the order - with no shipping charges - EVER. The prices are extremely good too!

www.acekaraoke.com is third choice, charging shipping and a bit slower to do it.

I've never tried Karaoke Warehouse, and wonder if someone can give me a revue?

I can't say I've used the doo wop site but it does look very good...

I've primarily shopped AceKaraoke tho

I still get my monthly shipments from Sherrie at

http://www.imtrononline.com/

For my Sound Choice orders I am doing those directly from Sound Choice now!

After the 25th Anniversary deal they gave me I am forever a loyal customer!

I stopped shopping Doo Wop after my first experience with them, I was beyond unhappy with what I received and how it was handled!

I stopped shopping Doo Wop after my first experience with them, I was beyond unhappy with what I received and how it was handled!

What happened, Steve? I'm kinda blown away because I've done a lot of business them, and haven't had a problem yet. I should mention that I'm normally kinda hyper-critical of suppliers. Rachel at DW hasn't messed up yet- but that's just me.

What was your experience?

I've never used them but i do like some of their prices. I was subscribing to Pop Hits Monthly but have let my subscription go recently because the selection and quality hasn't really been what i need. I've been filling in the holes with Chartbuster, Quickhitz, Sunfly, and SBI Karaoke

What happened, Steve? I'm kinda blown away because I've done a lot of business them, and haven't had a problem yet. I should mention that I'm normally kinda hyper-critical of suppliers. Rachel at DW hasn't messed up yet- but that's just me.

What was your experience?

Of course I am talking about many years ago!

I order a set of disc from them at a stated price for a given number of disc!

I was billed a higher rate and they substituted another brand of disc for some of the disc than what I had ordered. Then I got the old run-around when I tried to straighten it out, so I kept what I was sent paid the bill and vowed to never buy from them again and I have held to that! That was like 12 years ago!

Yup, if that'd happened to me, they'd have gotten the old heave ho too!

Forgetting the higher price, don't EVER sub a brand without permission- that's a sure bye bye...:mad:

However, after 12 yers, they probably managed to outgrow "the stupid", given my last few years experience with them. Might be worth a second try for ya...

If I need a disc right away, I get it from Express Karaoke because we are on the same coast and it will usually get here within the week. They will seem to have cheaper disc prices but it will end up around the same per disc as Ace once shipping is added. Their shipping is alot so sometimes I pay for poor planning but they also have some good sales which can make up for it. Ace is just a bit slower but I use them when looking for Latin songs as they have a large selection. Oh--Express once emailed me asking if I really wanted two copies of the same disc. I didn't. Had made a mistake. I really appreciated that bit of customer service.

Chartbuster is really fast on the shipping, even on Customs. I have been getting about a Custom a month from them to fill country requests. They have been coming in 4 to 5 days. I use Selectatrack to fill rock/pop/obscure/new song requests. When Sound Choice gets back their Customs I will use them as I have been ending up with 2 to 3 songs per Custom that aren't going to cut it--duets not different colors, etc. --it is really frustrating me.

I have also got discs from Dollar Store Junkie on line, including an SC Headbangers. But have gotten what I want from them and there seems to be few new additions.

Karaoke Warehouse I have used several times. They have had really good sale prices. If you keep an eye out on the left, a code will come up that you can enter for free shipping if you buy a certain amount. They also send out coupons for a percent off each month. But beware and make sure you don't just type in the coupon code and go on with your checkout. You have to push "submit" first or it won't take and you can't ask for your discount retro-actively. Their shipping has improved to the point that I have been getting my order within a week. I had one return of a PHM that was jarbled right out of the box and they replaced it promptly plus sent a prepaid envelope for the return. (It came with the replacment disc. I didn't have to make the return first.) I'm a bit wary of their downloads/rental options. Not sure what to make of what they are doing and if I like it.

Have also bought from LoudKaraoke, Hip2 on EBay, etc. and had good experiences but there are just so many companies I feel like dealing with so those have sort of gone by the wayside.

Speaking of Dollarstorejunkie, What on earth happened to them?? I get redirected to an ebay storefront with only 2 (yes, only TWO!) karaoke cds listed. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed!

They come and go. Every now and then the internet site goes down for "restocking" and stays down for longer than what they say. During that time they direct you to the EBay Store. Then it suddenly comes back up again. But lately they haven't had anything new added. You can get on their email alert list and they will tell you when the internet store is having "sales" again.

Speaking of Dollarstorejunkie, What on earth happened to them?? I get redirected to an ebay storefront with only 2 (yes, only TWO!) karaoke cds listed. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed!

Yup, looked today myself. Right to e-Bay, with 6 discs, 4 of which were latin...

If the pattern holds true, they will sell off the old stock on EBay and then buy some more overstock and announce a sale on their regular site again. But lately what they get in has been more of the same BCI and Karaoke Bays and Latin discs. In their first flush I got an SC Headbangers for $5 and some Performer's Choice country. But the country discs didn't have the same songs on the disc as were on the label.

Then they switched to linking to an Amazon site and had all brands of karaoke but at regular prices. Then it was back to just buying cheapos off their site. It is never the same each time I check on them.

Yup, looked today myself. Right to e-Bay, with 6 discs, 4 of which were latin...

Well, now they have added two "packs" of 10 discs, without guaranteeing which exact ones they are. Just a "GOOD MIX WITH MAJOR ARTIST, NOT JUNK!"
They also have to 2 CD Latin mix which does guarantee what you get, but they're selling the lot for $14.99. And the 10 packs are going for $12.99. Hardly the dollar store deals we're used to!

combination of brick and mortar stores and online deallers. I aslo occationally buy from online auctions and liquidations

I just realized I confused the two again. My review was meant to go to karaoke.com. I don't do much with karaoke warehouse at all. Never mind........

Dollar Store Junkie site is back up again (the non-Ebay one) but with only 2 pages of CDGs on sale and nothing other than what they have always had. (BCI/Karaoke Bay/K-Tel/American Idol/Latin)

Express is having a $3.98 sale on 160 discs. There are a few SFs, around 6 SCs and the rest are CB and PHM and N.

Dollar Store Junkie site is back up again (the non-Ebay one) but with only 2 pages of CDGs on sale and nothing other than what they have always had. (BCI/Karaoke Bay/K-Tel/American Idol/Latin)

Express is having a $3.98 sale on 160 discs. There are a few SFs, around 6 SCs and the rest are CB and PHM and N.
Thanks for that. I noticed they were back up today as well.
Where do I find Express?
Thanks!

Back