What's new

Where to find a good thrift store

nikanek1

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I love vintage/thrift store shopping but i am in search of a really good one. One that has half off days and decent pricing. I know about Platos Closet, but i live in the city and dont want to travel too far. My DD is into vintage t-shirts and clothes and loves the clothes i have found at thrift stores more than her regular stuff, Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Maybe Google "thrift stores", or "consignment shops", or Salvation army store" and then your zipcode & see if anything comes up HTH

there is a good one in wicker park on milwaukee ave and the plato's closet on clyborn is good too.

Maybe Google "thrift stores", or "consignment shops", or Salvation army store" and then your zipcode & see if anything comes up HTH

Thanks, i go to the ones in my area, they are ok, but just checking to see if anyone has found one they really like from experience.

A friend of mine owns:
Mr & MRS DIGZ
Chicago, IL, 60660Phone:773-447-8527Mon - Fri:11:00 am - 8:00 pmSat:11:00 am - 7:30 pmSun:10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mr. & Mrs. DIGZ is a unique boutique for men and women specializing in new, recycled, handmade and designer vintage clothing and accessories. We are pet-friendly so please feel free to bring your furry friends along for the ride.

Check it out of FB and/or http://www.mrandmrsdigz.com/

Go to yelp.com and search. You can read reviews there and they are very helplful.

Try calling Its Our Earth in downtown wheaton IL
They are selling a lot of their vintage stuff--and clearancing it--they want to get back to just having green items--not sure what they have--but say you heard that they had vintage clothing at reduced prices--
Again, not sure what is left--but it couldn't hurt to see what price they are at--they were starting at 25% and they want to close that section of the store by the end of the month-and were going to go up to 75%---
Not sure if they have any items you would like--but if you as Xristina--she will be able to tell you how much they have reduced and what is left

Let us know if you find a good one. I loooove fixing up vintage furniture so if you see a store with lots of furniture please let me know! Thnx

Back