What's new

Where will the Saints play in 2005 and 2006?

Ron Burgundy

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Saints to play 'home' opener in New Jersey

by Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New Orleans Saints, driven from theSuperdome by Hurricane Katrina, will play their home opener againstthe New York Giants at Giants Stadium.

It is not clear, however, when the game will be played. NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue...

Saints' 'home' opener in N.J.

Saints to play 'home' opener in New Jersey

by Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New Orleans Saints, driven from theSuperdome by Hurricane Katrina, will play their home opener againstthe New York Giants at Giants Stadium.

It is not clear, however, when the game will be played. NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue...

Saints to play 'home' opener at Giants Stadium

Saints to practice in San Antonio, to play ... where?

by Len Pasquarelli

SAN ANTONIO -- While there was still no decision Sunday on where the New Orleans Saints will play their 2005 home schedule, with team officials reiterating that a resolution is not imminent, general manager Mickey Loomis acknowledged that the club is...

Saints to practice in San Antonio, to play ... where?

Saints look at making San Antonio 'home' all season

by Len Pasquarelli

SAN ANTONIO -- Despite their public stance that they hope to play home games in Baton Rouge, La., for the 2005 season, the strong preference of New Orleans Saints officials is to stage the contests here at the Alamodome, and it is a position that team...

Alamo City Saints likely for '05

Saints-Giants to start before MNF on Sept. 19

by Associated Press

The New Orleans Saints-New York Giants game will will be played as part of a nationally televised doubleheader starting at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, Sept.19.

The game, already moved to the Giants' home in the New JerseyMeadowlands, will begin on...

Saints-Giants game moved to Monday, Sept. 19

Superdome in sorry shape after emergency role

by Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- The nights bothered Toni Blanco the most, though they also offered a bit of escape. In a police car on the top of the parking garage, she and fellow detective Alecia Wright could shed their police reserve and share a good cry.

Saints look at making San Antonio 'home' all season

by Len Pasquarelli

SAN ANTONIO -- Despite their public stance that they hope to play home games in Baton Rouge, La., for the 2005 season, the strong preference of New Orleans Saints officials is to stage the contests here at the Alamodome, and it is a position that team...

Alamo City Saints likely for '05

by Associated Press

BATON ROUGE, La. -- In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina,the Superdome became a symbol of relief efforts gone wrong, a sceneof heartbreaking misery for thousands.

But no decision has been made about the future of the iconiccity structure, and...

Saints' home games: 4 at LSU, 3 in Alamodome

by Associated Press

SAN ANTONIO -- The New Orleans Saints will head back totheir home state for four games at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge,La., and will play three others in San Antonio's Alamodome, theirheadquarters since being displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

Saints to play home games at LSU and San Antonio

Ron must be a closet Saints fan. :shifty:

Unless they are going to be giving the tickets away in Louisiana, then I think they should stay in Houston or San Antonio this year. That state's got bigger things to worry about.

Saban gets to go back to LSU with the Phins.

Consultant: Superdome can be ready by Nov. 1

by Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- The Superdome, heavily damaged when HurricaneKatrina hit on Aug. 29, can be repaired and ready to reopen formajor football events by Nov. 1, a consultant's report releasedTuesday said.

"The Superdome has become the most recognizable...

Consultant's report: Superdome can be ready by Nov. 1

Saints expect to be in New Orleans

by Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- Saints players say a recent meeting with NFL Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw left them with the impression that they'll most likely report to work at the team's undamaged training headquarters in suburban New Orleans...

Upshaw tells Saints that return to New Orleans likely

Upshaw: 'Don't renew your leases' in San Antonio

by ESPN.com news services

New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson and the league could be headed to court because Benson wants the team relocated to San Antonio for the entire 2006 season and maybe beyond, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday.

Benson told his players as much...

Saints' home in '06 at issue

Saints have deal to return to Louisiana in '06

by Len Pasquarelli

An agreement in principle struck between owner Tom Benson and NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue will return the New Orleans Saints to Louisiana for practice in 2006, and likely for the entire regular-season schedule.

The agreement, first reported by the...

Saints, NFL have deal to return to Louisiana in '06

I know many view the Saints as an important part of New Orleans. But don't they have thousands of problems more important than giving the Saints a place to play in-town by next season?

And who will even be able to be there much less pay for a ticket by then?

They can come play in my garden. I'll knock some hot dogs up for the fans.

Originally posted by Morph@Dec 31 2005, 03:45 PM
They can come play in my garden. I'll knock some hot dogs up for the fans.
[post=45003]Quoted post[/post]​

I will have nothing to do with your pregnant hot dogs.

Originally posted by Newk@Dec 31 2005, 01:57 PM
I will have nothing to do with your pregnant hot dogs.
[post=45014]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

NFL expects Superdome to host regular-season gamesNEW ORLEANS -- NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said during a visit to New Orleans on Wednesday that he expects the Louisiana Superdome to host all of the Saints' regular-season home games next season.Tagliabue also sought to reassure the community that the NFL is not simply moving the Saints back to New Orleans for a single season as a public relations move meant to portray the league as sympathetic to victims of Hurricane Katrina.The commissioner said it was clear to him that Saints owner Tom...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

Back