What's new

Which DVD Player?

moonsee

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Alright here's the deal.
The point of this topic is so I can get information that I WANT.
I realize that there are better dvd players out there, and I want some of the better dvd players out there, but i have va$ I need to spend and a limited budget, sooooooo...here's my questions.
Which dvd player is recommended at valueamerica.com
Why?
Any reviews on it?
Sorry for the beginning of the post but I've learned that when I post something of this nature I get "you should get <player not listed at valueamerica> because they all suck there"

------------------
http://www.moonsee.com

I'm assuming that you're talking about a stand-alone DVD Player for your home, not your PC.

Out of the ones there, I would recommend the Toshiba SD1200. I have the SD2109, which is the older model of the SD1200 and have had no problems with it whatsoever. My father got the SD1200, and he hasn't had any issues with it either. He liked it so much, we got one for my grandfather for Father's Day.

It's a very popular model, and has a lot of features. Still, it's a fairly basic model, but for the price, it's very feature rich and has some features not found on higher priced players. I haven't come across a disc that it has problems playing, including The Matrix (which some players weren't able to play properly). It does hiccup on some brief sections of some movies, but I hear that's common to all DVD players.

Both the SD1200 and SD2109 rate almost identically at www.audioreview.com/ , and both have a significant number of submissions.

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

I, and many others, have always raved about the Pioneer DV-525 (and now it's new version, the DV-333). I originally purchased mine at VA for $130 using VA dollars during the fall of last year, but maybe they still have them or the new ones...

You can read dozens of reviews on these as well, at the link Diesel Dan just posted!

I can also say the Toshiba's are very nice too, I've bought them before as gifts and they've performed excellently.

Depends on whether or not you need CDR compatibility for VCD's and such. Pioneer excels at that.

------------------
Alien - Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

Oh and BTW, moving to DVD section.
smile.gif

------------------
Alien - Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

I have the Pioneer DV F727. It's a 301 disk changer with MANY options. We paid about $600 or $650 for it at http://www.tristatecamera.com/.

I don't, unfortunately, see that one there. I actually don't see any of the ones my family has there... sorry I couldn't help you much...

Back