What's new

Who enjoys collecting sports trading cards

c.schreiber

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I like to know if anyone enjoys collecting sports trading cards? I enjoy collecting trading cards since 1978. My collection mainly contains local area teams but it enjoyable to collect them. I haven't been able to keep up in adding to them but is fun to look at them once in awhile and see how much they changed over the years in how they make them.

I would love to collect sports trading cards if they ever made soccer ones...but they never have..

I would love to collect sports trading cards if they ever made soccer ones...but they never have..

I think they might have made soccer cards years ago. I don't think they do that now. I have a couple sets of Milwaukee Wave cards. They are the indoor version of soccer. One of the sets that I have is from a local frozen pizza maker. I had to buy their pizzas in order to make the set.

I always thought collecting sports cards was just a waste of resources and time. I never enjoyed it.

I always thought collecting sports cards was just a waste of resources and time. I never enjoyed it.

Not a problem j_pin, I respect that. Collecting sports cards is not everyone's idea of doing. I do realize that not everyone is going to collect them. But for me is was for the fun of it.

I like to know if anyone enjoys collecting sports trading cards? I enjoy collecting trading cards since 1978. My collection mainly contains local area teams but it enjoyable to collect them. I haven't been able to keep up in adding to them but is fun to look at them once in awhile and see how much they changed over the years in how they make them.

Some of even the local ones produce a hefty sum as collectibles. I only wish I had not thrown out all the cards I had a child in the 50's. I would be sitting pretty now with what they would have brought when sold. I think any collection of anything enjoyable to the collector is a good pasttime.

I had a collection of NBA cards, my brother sold them. I got revenge by punching him in the pants when he tried to dunk on me the next day.

I had a collection of NBA cards, my brother sold them. I got revenge by punching him in the pants when he tried to dunk on me the next day.

I hope that he gave the money after he had sold them on you. That was crazy of him to do that.

Some of even the local ones produce a hefty sum as collectibles. I only wish I had not thrown out all the cards I had a child in the 50's. I would be sitting pretty now with what they would have brought when sold. I think any collection of anything enjoyable to the collector is a good pasttime.

Most of the great players came from that era. I too wish I had some of the cards that I had. I think I might of sold most of those off years ago. If only if I could turn back time on hold on to some of those cards, I too might sitting with a decent amount, but as much though. And yes it is a very good pastime. I also did enjoy going to sports card shows to help build up my collection.

Most of the great players came from that era. I too wish I had some of the cards that I had. I think I might of sold most of those off years ago. If only if I could turn back time on hold on to some of those cards, I too might sitting with a decent amount, but as much though. And yes it is a very good pastime. I also did enjoy going to sports card shows to help build up my collection.

Do you ever buy or at least look at sports cards available online?Ebay collectibles and craigslist come to mind. There might be other places too if you are still collecting.

Do you ever buy or at least look at sports cards available online?Ebay collectibles and craigslist come to mind. There might be other places too if you are still collecting.

I have checked into those places in the past. But I was more going into hobby shops and card shows back then. I haven't really kept up on that hobby in quite a while. I have bought a few team sets in the last few years but that was it. Although most of that collection might have to be sold off to pay some of my bills that I owe. I am going to try to hold on to some of them that I enjoy but that would be it. It would be hard for to get rid of but at the end I know someone else would enjoy them as much as I did. But thank you for asking though.

I just sold my whole card collection. Moving on to comic books, I get more out of them, and they seem to be worth more if you can get the whole set.

When I was a kid that's all I would do collect cards and comics the good old days.

I have checked into those places in the past. But I was more going into hobby shops and card shows back then. I haven't really kept up on that hobby in quite a while. I have bought a few team sets in the last few years but that was it. Although most of that collection might have to be sold off to pay some of my bills that I owe. I am going to try to hold on to some of them that I enjoy but that would be it. It would be hard for to get rid of but at the end I know someone else would enjoy them as much as I did. But thank you for asking though.

It is not always the time you keep a card that it increases in value, so maybe you can save the ones you enjoy the most. The way you look at someone else enjoying those sports cards eases the sad feeling of selling them off, I would think. Good outlook and paying bills is important.

Wow your collection must be absolutely fantastic. I used to collect and trade cards when I was a kid but lost interest once I started going to High school. Wish I had my collection with me now, I gave it to my cousins who sold them in a yard sale lol..

I just sold my whole card collection. Moving on to comic books, I get more out of them, and they seem to be worth more if you can get the whole set.

That is great that you into comics. I was never a big fan of them. I did had some of those when I was younger, but never kept them. I just wander how much those would be if I didn't throw them out.

Wow your collection must be absolutely fantastic. I used to collect and trade cards when I was a kid but lost interest once I started going to High school. Wish I had my collection with me now, I gave it to my cousins who sold them in a yard sale lol..

To me they are fantastic. I have a mixture of all sports. I think I may about 3,000 cards. That is just from local cards from major companies, like Topps to promotional cards from the stadium to police cards. I am planning to take most of them to auction to see if i can get a very good price from them.

I have a few too, form the nineties, I'm not collecting them anymore, but I really like looking at them :) They are just a nice piece of History. My oldest one is from 93', and the one I like the most is a Patrick Ewing card from 1994, from the Fleer 94' to 95' series. It has a really nice texture added, it looks like a basketball, and feels like too! :)

I used to collect football stickers when I was growing up. Most of the boys in my school collected stickers, the playground during lunch time was a hive of sticker trading.

I have a little collection but nothing major. My brother in law has boxes upon boxed of cards. I don't even think he knows what he has.

I wish I could go back to those days when I was throwing Gretzky rookie cards against the wall and losing them.

Back