What's new

Why didn't any of you cat owners tell me about these sooner???

eiramnoaj

It's certainly much better to kick **** than to be
PF Member
Reaction score
Litter box liners are a gift from God! :hiphip:

Are ya talking about the ones with small holes in them and ya shake the good litter out and traps the ****?

I used them and then their cat decided to shred the liners which makes 3 x's as much work as just cleaning the litter box.

No, I saw those but that seemed a bit more complicated. These are just plastic bags that fit around the litter box. When it's time to change the litter just pull up the bag and all the littler comes with it.

Yes the cats did scratch a few holes in them and a bit of litter was left in the boxes but that's much easier to clean than trying to dig out pee clumped litter and then wash the box a few times. Time to find a mega box of these things. I wasn't sure if the cats would go for peeing on litter that was sitting on a plastic bag but they did. :cartwheel:

My package had 10 in a box... sorry I do not remember the name. You put the plastic wrapper things in, wrap a huge rubber band around the outside of the box and lift each holey bag out. While the concept was great, this little **** would just shred the plastic. It was a game to him and before I knew it, he had shredded it and then yanked a long plastic shred out... along with the litter. More than a couple times I had much more mess than usual. If yours will just use it great, but that wasn't the case here. He is a very good cat box user.... but does not like the plastic deal, unfortunately!

Wait! What did I miss? Joan did you get a kitty?

:hides: Guess I don't talk about them as much, but I've got two kitties. A mama, Molly, and daughter, Daisy. Molly was a stray who really took to my uncle. She had a litter of 3 kittens in my elderly neighbor's garage. All three looked just like mama. Not sure what happened to two of the kittens but Molly & Daisy would eventually come and go at my house.

One weekend I realized Molly was pregnant again. That Monday she had kittens. That Tuesday my uncle passed away. :pout: Not long after we realized Daisy was pregnant. The Saturday of Mother's Day weekend I brought Molly's kittens to our local shelter. Mother's Day Daisy had her kittens.

Both Molly & Daisy are now spayed and both are now 99% indoor cats. I've had them nearly 3 years now.

Note to self: post more about the kitties. :giggles:

My package had 10 in a box... sorry I do not remember the name. You put the plastic wrapper things in, wrap a huge rubber band around the outside of the box and lift each holey bag out. While the concept was great, this little **** would just shred the plastic. It was a game to him and before I knew it, he had shredded it and then yanked a long plastic shred out... along with the litter. More than a couple times I had much more mess than usual. If yours will just use it great, but that wasn't the case here. He is a very good cat box user.... but does not like the plastic deal, unfortunately!

I was looking at that type but wanted something simpler. I really only dump out the litter once a week so this works great. I scoop during the week.

I just cleaned the litter boxes before I posted this - it only took a few minutes. Usually it was quite a process - dig out the litter, hose off the boxes, dry them out, spray some Febreze or other pee stank killer, dry that out and then refill. This was so simple & will make it much easier in the Winter when I can't use the garden hose.

I may just put these on my Christmas list! :giggles: It's the little things in life.

Cheaper alternative to litter box liners, just slip the bottom litter trav into an empty plastic grocery bag. Pour fresh litter on top, replace cover.

Then just remove the lid & slip the bag out & over [inverting it]when it's time to change. No mess, no fuss.

Sometimes I would double bag the tray when my cat was in a shredding type mood.

I'll have to give that a try ennui. Thanks. The litter boxes I have are kind of big so I'm not sure if they'll fit. I was going to try smaller trash bags but these liners just seem thicker.

Sorry Joan, I didn't realize you had kitties all along. When I met DH, we each had two cats. So when we got married we had 4 cats under 1 roof. Over time they died off, but the one that was a major pita lived FOREVER. He was so destructive. He was a thorn in my side every day. Of course when he had to be put down I cried like a baby. It has been 7 years since he died and I would love to have a kitty again. Unfortunately, DH has developed allergies so no kitties for us. I'd love one of those little ragdoll kitties.

I use those liners Joan! wait...*I* don't use them... my kids change the litter box, not me. But they are so easy and I feel like it's cleaner. When we agreed to take the neighbor's cat, the girls had to agree to clean and take care of it. I simple pet her when she's around. :) ****, I have 3 dogs to take care of! AND a tortoise!

Um Joan..................these aren't new. :duh:

(and I don't even have cats) :p

Um Joan..................these aren't new. :duh:

(and I don't even have cats) :p

Yes I know they're not new. :tap: I'd heard about them but didn't realize just how simple they'd make changing the litter box. I'd never heard anyone gushing over them before. Didn't really think they were worth the extra money.

**** was I wrong. :cartwheel:

Menard's sometimes has them for free with rebate.

Are ya talking about the ones with small holes in them and ya shake the good litter out and traps the ****?

I used them and then their cat decided to shred the liners which makes 3 x's as much work as just cleaning the litter box.

Yup, they made a game out of it. Who would be the first cat to ruin it. They all won.

Back