What's new

Why you should let the garage door open all the way before leaving

Brandon

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
So we just got a 2005 chevy equinox 2 months ago, we needed more room.
The misses usually drives it to work and I take the car.
Well today after I hit the garage door button and headed into the house to put away the dog and take off as well, I hear a crash.

This is what happens... We might be able to get it fixed early next week for next to nothing, but it was a bad way to start the day.

Attachments

• garage door.jpg
    garage door.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 28
Been there done that Brandon. The worst part when I did it is I was getting ready to build a new house. The architect I hired took me to one that was similar to what I wanted. I wanted to make sure my full sized ford van would fit in the garage. He opened the door and I pulled in. It fit. We toured the house and I was pointing out what I wanted to be changed. Came out through the garage, got in the van, he said good bye and I back out. Heard a crunch and the sound of dragging metal. Tore the door down with my luggage rack. To this day I don't know how it fit in the garage, but didn't come out without taking the door down.

That sucks
We patched the door, but we'll have to put a new one in sometime.

I contacted the dealer and we're patched up with the spoiler, just a small notch to show for it.

One good thing, we double and triple check to make sure the door is up.
I'm just glad we didn't break the glass or anything to bad on the brand new car..lol

Back