What's new

Wii U

Nintenex

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
what was your first impression when you first saw the Nintendo Wii U and its huge gamepad?

th

I was on my couch on the day Nintendo announced the Wii U on the E3 stage and I looked at it for a moment and then laughed, laughed some more and then said really?

Still a joke to this day.

I know this may sound silly by I thought the gamepad was an add-on for the Wii. I had not idea it was it's own system until I saw it in stores later on. Anyway, I like the Wii U. I can still play my video games while someone else watches tv.

JennyorAlice said:
I know this may sound silly by I thought the gamepad was an add-on for the Wii. I had not idea it was it's own system until I saw it in stores later on. Anyway, I like the Wii U. I can still play my video games while someone else watches tv.

Many thought that, which is due to Nintendo not able to set up one console to be different from another.

I thought the wii u was pretty lame actually just like it's predecessor the wii. Game cube was OK but let's be honest - Nintendo has seriously gone down hill since the the end of the N64 era. I don't even consider them when thinking about games anymore.

The Nintendo Wii U had poor marketing in general that I didn't know it was a next gen console for its first year of release. And its library of games is very poor to this day.

I have one, but I mainly use it for big releases like Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Mario 3D World.

Shoutout to Pikmin 3 though; I still think that's a really fun game. :silly:

To be honest, I was going to get a WiiU but after looking at the library of games, I think I will wait for the next console by Nintendo. I can tell that the WiiU did horrible this year. The only reason people play the WiiU is for Smash.

I love the Wii U though I don't have many games for it. Usually kinda too cheap to buy some. XD Though there is some I'd like.

I had to literally dust it off to play it yesterday. XD

I find this video to be pretty insightful:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7LFB9RpkKI[/video]

I have preferred Nintendo over the other consoles, however, that is due to the fact that Nintendo has produced more games that I enjoy versus their competition. If it wasn't for that, then I would probably go with the Playstation.

Back