What's new

Wish me luck!

sporush

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I haven't been posting so much in the past few days b/c I've been studying my butt of for my Anatomy/Physiology test tomorrow...I literally studied 9 hours today.
Wish me luck-I really hope I do ok.

For those who don't know, I'm back in school to hopefully become a nurse-I applied to the program for the fall and will see what happens.

Oh I didn't know that! I wish you great luck! :hiphip:

Good luck!

Kick that exam's ****! :)

Good Luck to you! :)

Good luck to you! What college for the nursing program?

Truman. (City Colleges of Chicago)
I have a prior bachelors (from Loyola in 2000) in business-and have worked in my field for the past 10 years-but really wanted a change. I've been interested in nursing since all the stuff with my son-I say that I know most everything already, all I need to learn how to do is put in an IV-feeding tubes? PICC lines? MRSA? Been there, done that. :)
Assuming I get in for the fall it's a 2 year program for an associates in nursing and I'll sit for the same exam and be an RN-and I might decide to go back and get the full bachelors-but this is a start, and about 1/10 the price of a standard 4 year bachelors program.

I was accepted to that program back in 1997 and was in my first semester and had to drop it because I was prego with my DDwho will be 12 in May. My study habits were till the wee hours of the morning and I new I could not do that and my first clinical rotation prego! Never went back! The Big man had other plans for me. I did become a CNA though thru Holy Family Hospital.

Great Program there, again Good Luck to you! :)

Come join me! We could have a CW club at Truman-c'mon, it would be fun!

I was accepted to that program back in 1997 and was in my first semester and had to drop it because I was prego with my DDwho will be 12 in May. My study habits were till the wee hours of the morning and I new I could not do that and my first clinical rotation prego! Never went back! The Big man had other plans for me. I did become a CNA though thru Holy Family Hospital.

Great Program there, again Good Luck to you! :)

Congratulations and best of luck to you, nursing is a fantastic field! If you are able to get a foot in the door to a hospital near you, they usually have tuition reimbursement and will help you cover the expenses of going from an Associate Degree RN to BSN. Some of the Universities also have classes on site in certain hospitals -- lots of great options out there!

Also, make sure you look through all of the grant funds available to nursing students - you'll be surprised at what is out there. Good luck on your exam!

Abbey-
Is there some type of clearinghouse or the like for those grants? I honestly haven't looked into anything yet b/c I'm only spending like $1000 per semester including my books, which is affordable for me so far. But the program itself is more and I'd love to find some grants.

Congratulations and best of luck to you, nursing is a fantastic field! If you are able to get a foot in the door to a hospital near you, they usually have tuition reimbursement and will help you cover the expenses of going from an Associate Degree RN to BSN. Some of the Universities also have classes on site in certain hospitals -- lots of great options out there!

Also, make sure you look through all of the grant funds available to nursing students - you'll be surprised at what is out there. Good luck on your exam!

I haven't been posting so much in the past few days b/c I've been studying my butt of for my Anatomy/Physiology test tomorrow...I literally studied 9 hours today.
Wish me luck-I really hope I do ok.

For those who don't know, I'm back in school to hopefully become a nurse-I applied to the program for the fall and will see what happens.

Best Wishes to you and congrats on following your desires! My hubby is taking the BAR exam on Tues & Wed in Chicago. For the last 6 weeks he's been prepping for the test and every day this last week he has been studying 10 hours a day...grueling!!!

Back