What's new

Wood to get tests

G

CHICAGO -- Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood will miss at least one start because of a sore right shoulder after leaving his last two outings early because of pain.

Wood was scheduled for tests Monday to see if the bursitis that affected him during most of spring training was causing the problem. The Cubs said results from the tests would not be available until Tuesday, when Chicago opens a series in Milwaukee.

"They are running really extensive tests. He'll be sore for a couple days and you're not supposed to throw," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said Sunday in Houston.

Wood left Saturday's game against the Astros after just three innings. In his previous start against Pittsburgh on April 24, he lasted just five innings. He is 1-1 in five starts with a 6.15 ERA.

"It feels good when I'm not throwing and it doesn't feel good when I'm throwing," Wood said. He had been scheduled to pitch against the Brewers on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2051642

Great, soon my fantasy team will have 3 pitchers on the DL, for the 2nd time already this season. :cry:

Wood looks like a promising career going to waste through injuries.

Originally posted by Morph
Wood looks like a promising career going to waste through injuries.

Yeah he's had quite a few problems and it's still very early in his career.

But thankfully for my fantasy team, I have Benson coming off the DL as he's going on it, so our rotation is okay at the moment. :shifty:

Back